Anyone else staying away from the stores?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone else staying away from the stores?

I am just sick of stores. I even sent dh to the grocery store yesterday to pick up a few things, I had no desire to go.

I know that it is inevitable that I end up in one sooner than later but I just realized today that it has been 10 days now, since December 24th that I have stepped foot in a store. Lots of no spend days that is for sure

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I feel the exact same way! I don't know if it is the fact that the holidays are over, and I had enough shopping or what!

But I am limiting myself to one day a week going to Aldi's for groceries and that is it! The cold is helping to keep me inside and not spending money too! It has been freezing here!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I havent been to a store since last year! LOL

Really, I havent been since November last year when I finished up all my shopping.

This weekend though, it's grocery time. We're out of everything!

Otherwise, it's just too cold here to go out... and too many advertisments on tele telling us to go pick up this on sale "now"!

I'm staying at home... it's warm here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I really don't have any desire to shop---which is really odd for me.

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't want to go to stores either, but that is hardly odd for me. I forced myself to go to the grocery store last night, it was the first time I'd left the house since Dec 23.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sticking close to home too. I went grocery shopping one day, and then to a sale for quilt batting another. But other than that, I'm staying home. It's warmer, and I've found other things to entertain me for now! Namely my Money Makeover! It's a lot more work than I thought! I've really slipped this last year...

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Also not going into stores! I'm so committed to saving every dime we have! I predict this will be a very frugal year for many of us here at Frugal Village.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to try and stay underbudget this month. All the sales are driving me nuts making me think I better buy something. The $5.00 off coupon from CVS is calling my name.

I also want to hold out for the clearances in February. Time for a couple shirts and pants.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My mother told me about a sale at CVS. I think it was 75 per cent off Holiday stuff and also a buy 1 get 1 free sale of CVS product items. I had no desire to go in there. We have so many HBAs in this house that I did not buy deodorant for DH and I for the entire 2007 year. We had bought a sleuth of it in 2006 and I received free samples throughout the year. (Yes, we do use deodorant every day. LOL)

I am proud of myself that I did not clutter my house with "stuff" I do not need or want.

My mother did tell me about some Peach Blossom candies she picked up for me. Now those I am excited about. My mother and I have this thing where we "have to have" certain candies during any given season...even if it is only 1 piece. ie Valentine hot hearts for Valentine's Day, candy corn for Halloween, malted milk balls for Easter, Red and white peppermints and Peach Blossoms for the Holiday season etc. etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've really had no desire to shop either, and that is VERY strange for me. DH went to the grocery for me Sunday afternoon. Bless his heart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I needed to go by Target today to pick up a few essentials, (milk, & TP).....and it made me sick that the Valentine stuff was out, summer clothes were out, and I saw swimsuits in the little girl section......I just thought to myself "Just give it a break already".

I have never been much of a shopper but I am kinda negitive about it right now for some reason.

leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have avoided shopping too, I went a couple days after Christmas to make some returns for things that didn't fit that I bought people, and I bought some wrapping paper, Christmas cards, and calendars that were 1/2 off. I haven't been out shopping since though. I just joined a gym free through work and I don't have anything that fits to exercise in, I am thinking I will use a gift card I got for Christmas to purchase one or two pairs of exercise pants.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's one of my goals to stay out of the "big" stores as much as possible - no walmart, no target, no cvs, etc. - I'm going to try to find all the mom/pops stores (if there are any left) and I can't wait for the farmer's markets in the spring/summer!!

Of course, I do have to shop for groceries, etc. so I will go to Kroger and Walgreen's - but I'm going to try my best to stay clear of the monsters! I want to do my best at buying 2nd hand whenever possible! ((but groceries are all I really buy at the moment, so obviously the 2nd hand rule can't work there))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marie78 View Post
    I have avoided shopping too, I went a couple days after Christmas to make some returns for things that didn't fit that I bought people, and I bought some wrapping paper, Christmas cards, and calendars that were 1/2 off. I haven't been out shopping since though. I just joined a gym free through work and I don't have anything that fits to exercise in, I am thinking I will use a gift card I got for Christmas to purchase one or two pairs of exercise pants.
    you could also check your local freecycle before you buy something new.

or craigslist, or even ebay - you never know what kind of good deal you may find

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, GAWD, yeah!

If I weren't out of EVERYTHING fom dog food to you-name-it, I wouldn't be going to the grocery store today! But my eldest ds's b-day is this month and he goes back to WA (school and home) tomorrowing, so I am going to get stuff for cake and his b-day meal, and we will celebrate while he's here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast