You know your DH is on board when...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default You know your DH is on board when...

...ok, my DH has done some pretty frugal things and is converted already, but this one today takes the cake.

We're at BJ's and DH notices a car that's pulling out and has left a package of blueberries on the roof of the car. The car is going pretty fast and about 50 feet from us, so it's not like we can yell over and tell him. We finish loading our groceries and get in the car and DH says, I bet those blueberries don't even make it out of the parking lot. So we're driving, and right by the exit, I look over on the side and there they are! So I tell DH - there's the blueberries! He looks and then slows down, he stops the car, but the light turns green (there's a light to get out of the parking lot onto the road). He says what a shame, I could have grabbed them - so I said, just make a U-Turn and go back in. And he did! So we waited through the light again while DH opened the car door and picked up the blueberries. So we have a free 1lb box of blueberries. (I wish we had a dancing blueberry!)

I just had to laugh - my DH does a lot of frugal things, but turning around and waiting through a light to pick up a box of blueberries tossed from someone's car - well, that's something I never would have pictured him doing! I didn't realize he was THAT hardcore! And to top it off, as we're driving away, blueberries in hand, he turns to me and says, this is going to end up on Frugal Village tonight, isn't it?

Anyone else have some good stories about DH coming onboard with frugality?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish I did have some good stories to tell. I'm still working on my DH. I do appreciate you sharing yours though. That was a good one. And funny that your DH knew you would tell us about it. LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is great!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's a great story, and my fiance would definitely have done that too. Mine helps me pick up loose change from the parking lots and even in the store aisles. He knows we add it to the coin jar .

We just bought a very small container of blueberries for $2.50 this evening and the one like you got today is about $7 or more at my grocery store, so that was an awesome find .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My dh has definitely gotten on board. We go to Target and if he sees something on clearance that we use he asks if we have a coupon. He knows how I am about combining good sales / clearance with coupons. We spent $100 today total but had we not had coupons and great deals it wouuld have been a lotmore.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish I could have found blueberries that way!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is a great story. I wish that my dh was that way. But he has somewhat has learned to make his own homemade salsa. Considering that he would always buy like Pace or whatever in the store. Now he buys the stuff that he wants in it and makes it himself. Eventhough that dh got the idea from fil.But hey I am not complaining though. Atleast that it is a small step in him getting on board.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey my dh has gotten so frugal that he didn't even pay for my v-day flowers. He won them at work!

He also gets my coupons on sundays mornings for me. He drives my car so he doesn't use his gas. I gave him 5bucks to pay for the papers and he looked at me and said he still needed 30cents! I told him to stop being so cheap and he just said "I have to be".

And Hey, Blue berried aren't cheap . Enjoy them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would love to have some blueberries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

My hubby would do that! He loves blueberries, but at $3 for a few ounces it's not in our budget!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know that there are some stories but I just can't remember them right now. He has converted thoroughly and I'm so proud of him for that! He actually sees the value in living a simple life, and has chosen that life over stuff. There is hope for those of you married to spendthrifts!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH was more frugal than me when we first met, so he has actually converted me over the years! The one thing I can't seem to get him to do, though, is take our canvas bags to the market. He ALWAYS comes home with plastic bags, and that irks me to no end!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

LOL! Smart move!

My frugal DH is a reluctant frugal man. He makes all the noises, and even pulls a good one every now and then, but mostly he just wishes he could spend more money on things.

Jean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mr. Rabbit is very frugal, he collects beer/pop returnables. I was alittle embarrassed by this until he told me that he makes at least $25 a week doing this. He has to leave for work very early, at around 4:20 am, so he hits all the car washes on the way to work and checks the trash cans. You wouldn't believe what he finds beside returnables. Full cans of pop/beer, cans of fruit, stuffed animals (lots) for the dogs, stamps, ink still in the package with receipt (he returned it and got $31) 2 one dollar bills and this is just some of the stuff he brings home. It's crazy what people throw out when they are cleaning their cars out. So he too would have definitely gone back for the blueberries too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I started LOL as I read your post! My DH asked me what was so funny so we both got a great laugh. We love blueberries---GREAT for You!

My DH is a little bit of a frugalight. My favorit story about him is him duct taping two used furnace filters onto a box fan for a air filter in his woodworking shed. I was shocked and so proud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast