I also need to get back on the frugal wagon
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I also need to get back on the frugal wagon

I don't know, it's like in the past few weeks, I have developed this "whatever" attitude when it comes to money. I guess because DH and I have been arguing over my micro-managing of money. DH wants to "live a little" and it one way I understand and in another I just want to have everything paid off. But then I do want to have fun as well. So I kinda threw caution to the wind and went crazy these past few weeks.

Spent $200 at BJ's this weekend: Well $30 of it was the membership fee but I did get essentials such as Toilet paper, dog food, etc. I will have to go back and get diapers and wipes this weekend and a few odds and end at Aldi but still-$200 is a lot to me although I know a lot of the stuff will last several months

-Went to Kohls and spent $75 on shoes for DH. .He has foot problems and really needed quality tennis shoes and boots and can no longer wear el cheapo brands. Still 75 bucks seems so much

-Then I needed my hair done. Ok not needed but wanted it done, however it had not been cut or colored since before thanksgiving so it was major roots going on. $94 isnt bad-I have really long hair but still.

Anyways I am rambling but I needed to vent. I guess I need to find a balance between spending too much and too little. I just have so much I want to do and not enough money to do it. And I want it all now! Although that want it now mentality is what got me in my current predicament. Anyways thanks for letting me vent and I will be back to the boards!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's very difficult if you and your spouse aren't on the same page. You need to find balance you can both live with. It's important to the health of your relationship.

You can be frugal AND live a little. Just give yourself a budget that is comfortable and remember that fun can be free or inexpensive.

I understand your frustration. Good luck to you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree with Suki. The extras can be had as long as you budget for them. Maybe the envelope system would work for the two of you? If you each had some money every month that you don't need to account for and spend within that allotted amount, hubby will be happy and so will you.

We all fall off. The difference between us and the rest of the world is we don't stay off. We pick ourselves up and climb right back aboard that wagon.

You have to forgive yourself and be gentle with yourself, just like you would anyone else.

Hugs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you. I think we may do some sort of envelope system. Dh asked to have a $25 allowance each week. He works outside and it is hard for him to take meals to heat up and most of the guys go out to eat. He is trying to eat better since he found out he has high BP but still wants money to blow on whatever he wants. I think it would be best to go ahead and not complain about it, after all he works hard for the money too. I can get away with nothing most weeks except when my mommy group meets up for lunch so I think that is how I will start. It's funny how much things go down the drain though when you let your spendjng get out of vontrol for even just a couple weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have been doing that too, get on,fall off, only to thankfully get back on again lol. You are not alone.

Daisy is right, the difference between us and the rest of the world is that we do get back on .

I agree with Suki too with that you can be frugal and live a little too along with fun can be free or inexpensive.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

I understand this one, I was off the wagon for a few month due to alot of problems, but my dh and our roommate got our income tax checks and balancing between needs and wants is hard, but we did pay all the back bills so we are now caught up-I did spluge this time and finally got a whole matching sheet set for the bed with matching throw pillows something that I have wanted for a long time also got matching shower curtin runs (which i already had) I just got a new rug and trash can, I bought a few things for the house that were really needed and we did our best to balance things but sometimes when we denie our selves things for to long we go overboard, one thing I do for dh who also works out side is pack hot lunchs using a thermous, and he gets about $25 a week for going out and little things he wants, and i budget in a few little things here and there, it just about balance and remembering the goals you have sometimes just by putting the goals you have bills you want to pay off on a list somewhere where you both will see it and show the progress of paying it off sometimes will help in remember them and not buying that new want. just my 2cents worth,