VONAGE..not a good idea

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default VONAGE..not a good idea

hello (dont know if this is the right area)

i know some of you like vonage and i posted earlier that i ordered it my self but that i decided not to use it i didnt have it plugged in for 24 hours
    i called to cancel and was told they are charging me a 39.99 disconnect fee..i explained that i am in the 30 days trial...she said she knew that. that i will get the money back in a few weeks after they receive and inspect the equipment..i told the supervisors (spoke with many) that i asked twice before i agreeded to purchase, is their a disconnect fee and i was told only after 30 days..

i was furious i asked for the corporate info
    and i was given the info and cancelled. The money came out instantly.

im filling disputes with my bank againist it

i called corporate first time i asked for the receptionst and got her and asked for the president by name..voice mail..tried again..called 6times before the receptionist answered..gave me wrong area

called about 100 times (not exaggerating) and no more receptionist answering calls..i wasnt rude to her at all

started doing research on vonage..OMG..there are websites dedicated to the scams they have pulled i cant list it due to the profantity in the address but you can google it..

also the president has committed fraud and was convicted of stealing something like $200,000 and that he paid $70,000 to the sec. and got away with it..just commenting on what i read dotn know if this fact or not

i left vm with the president and another department called me back and nothing got done..i have to pay to ship this with confirmation and wait for my money!!

i would not recommend vonage..i know its only 39.99 but the end of the month is horrible for me financially!! i have a 500 payment and a rent payment of 900 that leaves me something like $40 each week..i am so mad

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't blame you for being POed. I had looked in to Vontage and considered signing up but I read some really bad reviews so I decided to stay with Verizon.

I hope everything works out for you. Don't give up, that's your money. I really hate these companies that are robbing the innocent. It's just not right.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Is that the one that works through your cable internet? I personally wouldn't want something like that anyway because of your power or cable goes out, you're without a phone.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time with them. That sounds like us with citibank right now. =/

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i wish i had done research first
    i just found 350 reports on ripoff.com against them

someone called me back but not the president or anyone in that area..nothing happened..except when the kids get up im going to the post office

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Vonage had 2.2 million customers at the end of 2007. 350 reports on ripoff.com amounts to 0.016% of their customer count.

Honestly, Vonage works great for me. Never had a problem with the service itself. The CS reps need some polish, I agree, but overall they've been well worth the savings of over $50/month compared to land line w/ Verizon for the same features.

Will everyone love it? No. Does that make them a scam?

Well - if you search for horror stories bout Disney, you can find them too. No company is perfect.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    Vonage had 2.2 million customers at the end of 2007. 350 reports on ripoff.com amounts to 0.016% of their customer count.

Honestly, Vonage works great for me. Never had a problem with the service itself. The CS reps need some polish, I agree, but overall they've been well worth the savings of over $50/month compared to land line w/ Verizon for the same features.

Will everyone love it? No. Does that make them a scam?

Well - if you search for horror stories bout Disney, you can find them too. No company is perfect.
    you are right i know but after reading so much about them i wouldnt have done it..i know its a big savings but it didnt sit well me with last night and then this hoopla this morning im just against it now..but im really glad you like and its working well for ya

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

And I agree its definitely not for everyone. If you are not tech savvy, if you can't set it up yourself, if you aren't comfortable with disconnecting your mainline phone from the phone company's feed, then yeah, its probably not for you.

In my case, I did all the work myself, so its just been a case of getting it set up and paying for it, no 3rd party service people, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We've got vonage and it works for us. It's a pain when we've had the computer get knocked off, but hey, I've got my cell phone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yeah it was really easy to install..i actually had it working but didnt know it..and called for assistance and she said i already had it set up

everyone i talked to was really nice and helpful but i was really po about everything earlier..and then all the trouble i had with corporate seemed fishy...i even tried using other employee ext that it offered and got connected to peoples personal lines instead..that was weird