Tomorrow will be 90 days!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Tomorrow will be 90 days!

...Since my eye surgery. Okay, I'll back up a little.

20 years about, actually.

That's when I had my cornea transplants. I had both corneas in my eyes replaced with donor corneas.

This last year, my astigmatism has been getting worse, and worse, and worse. Well, I'd been saying my glasses just weren't as sharp as I'd like, but the technician at the doc's office would just keep saying, testing every time, that we can't correct you any better, so finally in Dec, I told the eye doc that, and he had a test done, and that showed how bad my astigmatism was. He referred me to another doc, an ophthalmologist like him, who could do the eye surgery I needed.

Had the cornea modification done April 4th, and things have been getting better and better, though I'm still not perfect yet. I may get a new prescription for my glasses the end of this month, or maybe the end of August. ('scuse the font if it's huge! ) I'm still getting bad headaches, but I've had them on and off for the last 6 months, so I guess I'm "use to" them. (It's been more on than off... grrr...)

Anywho... might as well celebrate my eyes getting better, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow...congratulations! I have never had to have corneal transplants, but I am legally blind in one eye, so I definitely feel your pain of not being able to see and the headaches that come with poor vision. You must be so relieved to be "seeing" the light at the end of the tunnel.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had eye surgery when I was 5......... I am leagally blind in my left eye......... My mother noticed a problem when I was about 2 and the eye Des in ND told her I would grow into my eyes. We moved to Palm Springs and they wanted to know why she waited so long..........I'm glad you got the repair
    Fern

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was legally blind in the eye that just had the surgery. The doc that did the surgery told me I was legally blind in the eye (before the surgery), the doc that did the surgery. I'm sitting there, and close my "good" eye, seeing what legally blind looks like. "Okay. Hmm." I think.

Just lucky they could do something, I guess.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's great Losing sight must be a very scary thing. I'm glad your eyes are improving, and I hope your headaches go away soon too. Does your Dr. know about the headaches, and if so, did he say they'd go away as your vision gets better?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post
    Wow...congratulations! I have never had to have corneal transplants, but I am legally blind in one eye, so I definitely feel your pain of not being able to see and the headaches that come with poor vision. You must be so relieved to be "seeing" the light at the end of the tunnel.
    I didn't know you are legally blind in one eye, Amy. I'm not sure if I meet the formal definition of being legally blind (will research that when I'm done this post), but I can't see out of my right eye. To the point that I only wear a contact lens in one eye because even the strongest prescription won't help me see out of the other. If I lose vision in my left eye for any reason, I am screwed.

Have you been legally blind since birth?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I guess this describes me:

A person is considered LEGALLY blind when the best corrected visual acuity is 20/200, or the person's visual field is 20 degrees or less. It is not true that all blind persons have absolutely no sight; in fact, most blind persons have some remaining vision. A person may be considered blind when he/she can no longer drive safely, has difficulty reading a newspaper, or cannot see objects to the side.

http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/DEFBLIND.HTM

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    That's great Losing sight must be a very scary thing. I'm glad your eyes are improving, and I hope your headaches go away soon too. Does your Dr. know about the headaches, and if so, did he say they'd go away as your vision gets better?
    Yup. They're worse when I do stuff. Like I'm going to stop doing stuff? Got to much to do...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    I guess this describes me:

A person is considered LEGALLY blind when the best corrected visual acuity is 20/200, or the person's visual field is 20 degrees or less. It is not true that all blind persons have absolutely no sight; in fact, most blind persons have some remaining vision. A person may be considered blind when he/she can no longer drive safely, has difficulty reading a newspaper, or cannot see objects to the side.

http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/DEFBLIND.HTM
    I was driving anyway, but in my little corner of the world, which is small city/rural or so...
    Bad eye closed most of the time, being really careful... No cop pulled me over, so...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great news Natalie! I can feel your happiness in your post, it's making me smile.