Kids went back to school today.....I don't like it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Kids went back to school today.....I don't like it

I can't believe another school year started and they are getting older and so I guess I am too! We have 3 in school w/ the oldest being a senior now and my baby just starting middle school.......it seems like yesterday that the younger 2 were still home w/ me. I then remember 2 years later my middle one starting and then the "baby" would have his lady and the tramp backpack with him in the car to try be big like his older brothers and make pretend he was going to school too.

I haven't been thinking about it too much lately because it's been hectic w/ them having some friends over before it started again and then there's been the back-to-school shopping and meeting some of the teachers. When I pulled into the driveway this morning it just kinda hit me that there was no one else in the back seat to carry in or someone at home that needed me. I don't like it one bit, I just really miss them. Believe me, when they were all home when they were little, I kinda looked forward to them being in school so I could get some peace and quiet for a little while.

I know I'll get used to it, but the first couple of days are just really hard. It doesn't help either that both my jobs are kind of slow right now so I have some time to think and think and think some more about it!

I've already called my mom this morning, my husband, and one of my friends (I'm sure they've all heard enough)so I figured I would go on the computer too. It's nice to be able to come to a place like this and talk.

So how does everyone else feel about school starting and just knowing their kids are growing up?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I kwym. I am dreading the kids going back to school. They can drive me a bit sometimes, but 99% of the time I love having them home.

I may change my tune a bit when Dave is traveling for work for 10 days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have been home schooling our kids for a few years now. I love having them with me. When they were in traditional school I never got excited or looked forward to them going back after a break. I actually dreaded it.

DD decided this year she wanted to go back to traditional school. I protested, fought it, gave every reason why I was against it. However, DH convinced me to let her go. School started Monday and boy am I really missing her. I am so sad because she is growing up (she is in 10th grade).

For now I still have DS (he is in 8th grade) at home with me. However, I am sure he will be wanting to go back to traditional school within the next couple of years.

I started dating DH when I was DD's age.

It is not easy or any fun watching your babies grow up.
    Last edited by Neeley; 08-14-2008 at 01:40 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know the feeling. It takes a while but their breaking away from you will fill those spots inside of you with so much pride as they grow into wonderful people.
    What's going to be hard for me is I have a big feeling that ds will be moving to another state after he graduates college in May. So happy & proud he's doing so wonderfully but seeing him less than I do now really is going to be tough.
    This Mom business is tough stuff no matter what the age of your kids. Big mom to mom hug. :hug:

Last edited by Darlene; 08-14-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah I am sure I will tear up a bit and worry.

My last baby starts jr high 7th grade.

Our other dds are 20 and 18 and both college kids so I do feel the passing of time.

I love the breaks, spending time with them watching movies and making cookies and such.

I HATE school--and I hate the drive to and from it also. All the idling wasting my gas..blah!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My DS will start 7th grade in 2 weeks. It's a big change for both of us. And even though I work all day, just knowing it's school time again, well.... It's just like wow, another year under way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think about my kids when they were in school now the oldest is 32 and my baby is 23 with 4 more in between them. I am proud of everything they have done.........my oldest is in school after being hurt in Iraq.......mt #3 kid is back in school going into the RN program. I think just thinking about it makes me old. Enjoy your me time.
    Fern

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm with ya. My oldest two went back on Wednesday and even though I still have two little ones at home I kind of wandered around the house a bit lost. I never tell my kids this but I really really hate the start of the school year I live for Christmas and summer breaks. #3 child starts a neighborhood preschool co-op next week and then bam! Off to Kindergarten he will go - when #4 goes off I am going to be a certified mess!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have moped for two days. Going from 7 kids to 2 kids makes the house seem waaaay too quiet. My 4yo misses them too and keeps looking out the door for them. I have no idea what I will do when they all go to school. I'm thinking I need to start babysitting again just for the company, LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks everyone for being able to relate and also thanks for the cyber hug Darlene, that really meant a lot especially since I was feeling a bit down.

When the kids got home yesterday, we had a big dinner and we were all able to talk about the day, and it was so nice to hear that everyone had a pretty good day and also to hear the excitement in their voices........so that was a big relief.

Today was a whole lot better, as I knew it proabably would be, but I still miss them and all the noise during the day..........there's nothing like hearing talking, laughter, and even yelling!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess I'm the "odd man out". My kids start Monday, and I'm looking forward to it. I thrive on schedules and routine and am looking forward to having that again.

Summers are so lax around here. DH and I both work during the week, I've kept the kids busy w/camps and such, but there have been some weeks that they sleep till noon and lay around till I get home, and then complain that they are bored...blah!

They both are looking forward to being w/all their friends and my oldest is excited to be starting band, chorus and jazz band again..keeps him busy.

I feel sad that time is slipping away and there is nothing I can do about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Normally I would commiserate but we are homeschooling this year. Partly for the reasons you gave...I miss them Yeah, they drive me to drink sometimes. But they are mine and I want them close.

Now my 16yo is being a regular pistol lately and she's still going to public school. I cannot WAIT for her to go back lol. Only when she's being a pill though. I miss her too. She doesn't go back until 9/2 though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have always hated school. I miss my kids and my time with them, etc. I have considered homeschooling but I've been out of school for 20 years and so much has changed that I know I couldn't teach them the math they need. And school is really the only time they spend with friends so that would be one against homeschooling too.

I usually cry on the first day of school LOL. Mine are a junior in high school and a 7th grader. I look at them and see how fast they are growing up, etc. and it breaks my heart!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My baby just started her senior year today! I didn't cry, but I did say, can you come here and sit on my lap for a minute? She was like "oh Mom" but sat down anyway and I hugged her too long till she was squirming and trying to get away!

She doesn't understand how much I love her and how this is a very bittersweet time for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine started school on Monday. My oldest is now in 3rd grade, and my youngest just started kindergarten. I came home to an empty house for the first time in 8 years. It really makes me sad. I have no one to talk to and no one to eat lunch with. I am so excited that I get to see them again in about 20 minutes. I am going back to work as a sub teacher, but haven't had any jobs yet since I specified only the kids' school and it is still the first week. It is so lonely here. I don't like it at all. I miss my babies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast