Well... It finally happened... (an update)
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Well... It finally happened... (an update)

Yesterday while I was at school, DH calls. The realtor called and would be there in an hour to show the house. This is the first time since the house was put up for sale in November. He scrambled around to get things picked up. He wasn't happy but he's very unsolciable and doesn't like people he doesn't know come around him.

He said the lady was really nice. Asked him a lot of questions and seemed really excited about the property. About 7:30p last night the realtor called. The lady placed an offer on the house and she does have a 20% down payment. The chances are good that this will go through.

I am happy and sad. Happy because I know this will look much better for us than just signing over the deed. Sad because its the end of our homesteading dream out here in the country. The realtor said if it goes through, we will have to be out by the 26th of February. I hate the thought of moving this time of year. We have been trying to get a few loads of things moved but it is hard when he feels crappy most of the time. Now we are under pressure because we HAVE to get it moved, no matter what. Everything is not going to fit into the storage unit.

There is also the fear of not knowing where we will be going. The counselor at the 4Sight agency is suppose to help us but they say we have to be officially homeless, as in signed over the papers for the sale before they can do anything. I have visions of living in our vehicles. I know that won't happen because I do have a friend who said we could spend a few days with her, in her one bedroom apartment, but I hope it doesn't come to that. (I feel so blessed having friends like her.)

Another fear I have is that the counselor is so hard to reach. Yesterday the mortgage company had someone drop off another one of those door tags, while DH was home, that said we had to call them. We were told not to call by this counselor. I tried reaching her and couldn't get through to their office. I kept getting a recording telling me I had called totally different number and to leave a voicemail. Then it says the box is full and hangs up. Luckily I found her cell phone number but she didn't answer it and was stuck leaving another message. So fustrating....

February alone is such a sucky month to move.

Debbie

Last edited by cmdarlin; 01-23-2009 at 06:42 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I know this is hard on you both but I think you will feel better when this is finally behind you alot of times the constant uncertainty of when something is going to happen is even more stressful than the event. Stay strong and look to the future sending good thoughts your way

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree that Feb. is a crappy month to have to move and I hate "due dates" to have things of that magnitude done by. While the downside is that it only gives you a few weeks to get things done the upside is that it's only a few weeks until it's done and you can begin to feel settled again. It won't feel like it but once the house is officially sold aren't you, at that point, then moving foward again instead of treading water to try and stay afloat? Maybe that's a new way to look at it anyway, a new beginning.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree with GG, once the house is sold, you'll probably feel much better. Like you are moving forward.

Hang in there. We bought our house and moved in Feb/March, and it was rough, but we did it. Hopefully, you can find some great friends to help you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry it's so stressful. I hope things go smoothly from here on out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry for all the emotional changes you all are going through. I have all the hope this will be behind you soon and lots of positive choices will be yours to make & they in turn will make your lives oh so much better. Hang in there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First of all, I am happy for you to have it probably sold at least this chapter can finally close for you. And to have an offer on the first showing is amazing. But I am very sorry for the whole situation in general, you have really been put through the wringer. I hope this next phase of your life can bring you peace and stability.
    Last edited by frugalbabe; 01-23-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Debbie, change is in the wind! I sent you a PM about this.
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't worry yourself sick because all things happen for a reason and you will benefit from this in the long run. It is a hard thing to get everything pulled together and move but look at it as a fresh start. Best of luck on all that you do.

Monner

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's a saying that "when God closes a door he opens a window". You'll find the window, and there will be better things on the other side. I'll send good thoughts, that everything goes smoothly for you and you can get the help you need.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My heart goes out to you, Everything will be ok you just have to trust. I don't know your situation except for what you entered on this tread but can you have a moving sale inside your home so you have some cash and have less to put into a storage. Storage fees can add up. I know there are thing you can't part from but I'm sure ther are things that are replaceable when you are back on your feet. I am happy though your home sold so quick with a secure buyer. Good luck and God bless

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Im sorry you have to go thru all this but just think how much less pressure it will be when its over. No more wondering...you will finally know where you will be living and how your budget will work and then you can concentrate on school and piecing everything back together. Wendell doesnt need the stress it definately wont help his MS and hopefully once you get settled in a place he will feel better as well. hang in there!! I wish I could come help you! Hugs!