Being tested, Big time (long)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Being tested, Big time (long)

Murphy moved back in about 2 months ago... We must have a real dude living here with us...

first the big air compressor broke. need it to run a big press..its still down.

Our only child decided to get married and gave us 12 days notice it was going to be in our backyard. Good deal here tho, had a beautiful frugal wedding, and have a DIL now, after being engaged for 6 years.
    Anyway had to put on new boards on the deck,( that one wasnt cheap)

was working with our renter in paying rent, she lost her job, well she skipped out and left the house in shambles. every door in the house is totaly destroyed, the carpet had to be ripped out.. its going to take alot to get it back up to rent again... Plus cleaning up all her dirt, oven, shower.. etc ..

We kept hearing water running, for about a month but couldnt find it,, well we did the other day when the entire front yard is full of water!, the collar to the meter is broke, on the street side, so its not going to our meter, they still havent fixed it, now the water is pretty much just running across the yard... Bugs me because its alot of water they are wasting.

The desk top computer crashed, its in the shop now, has all the business stuff on it, so we cant do much of anything including invoices..

The kids took the 5th wheel camping for a short honeymoon, they are going to vegas in Nov. the truck was having braking problems,,, took it in, had to have a new brake master cylinder, new rotors, drums and upper ball joints put on before we could get the camper back home,,, about fell off my chair,, $2100. just to fix a 89 dually pickup.. could have got 4500 if I turned her in for a clunker!

I have a big belt driven dryer I use for work. something went out and some how blew out my stove.The electricans cant figure out what happened. We rewired everything with new wire, breakers etc. plugged her back in and it blew the stove out again and the dryer wont heat up... so now I cant use it to get our jobs out.

Going to town, the car felt like it had a low tire, took her into the tire shop and guess what,, had to buy two new tires, to get back home. The belts in the tire broke. Of course no warranty on these tires.

EF is going down to nothing,, and I cant get anywhere, the rental has to be fixed before we can rent it, but recarpeting the entire house and replacing doors are going to really set us back. And I'm stuck making double house payments for awhile.

We are trying to make lemonade out of lemons, but it feels like the lemons are taking over...It is just so frustrating.

I am getting so tired of getting no where.. We are right back to where we were. I feel so bad about the kids, and the wedding, they said they kept it small because they couldnt afford alot and knew we couldnt afford to help. ( she only has her grandmother and a sister) So guess how many people were at the wedding? Yep, 5, the pastor, Grandma, sister, DH and me. We did get a million pictures, and it was beautiful with all the flowers blooming..

Ok I'm done whining..I'm trying to go back to the positive side, hopefully we pass this test soon.
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Holy cow when it rains it pours and Murphy brought a monsoon with him Just sending hugs and keep your chin up just remember this too shall pass

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Just makes you want to scream and then sit down and cry dosent' it. The old saying of when it rains it pours isn't only true of Georgia.

Thinking of you and hope things get better soon. Or at least nothing else happens. I feel for you!!!
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Holy cow! I hope things get better soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So sorry to hear about your run of bad luck! We have tenants, too, and have also learned the hard way about the drawbacks of being charitable. It's a tough one, because you don't want to lose your kindness, either. Sigh.

We just had to spend a ton of money fixing up a nonpaying tenant's unit, too, and also found water problems. DH was about ready to scream since everytime he turned around there was something new to fix.

Fortunately, Murphy didn't stay with us as long as he's been with you....
    I sure hope things turn around soon!

~M
    (My nickname in grade school was Murphy. Had no idea about Murphy's Law at the time... but it has been a good predictor for me at times, too.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Does your insurance cover damage to the property by vandals (tenants)?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

ha ha ha ..Thanks for the laugh Greebo,, I really should call them to find out.. lol
    Pine trees, with their needles pointing up to heaven, represent everlasting light and life.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just want to come help you guys out! I can run a press if you need me or colate, strip plates, you name it! Oh and I paint too.

So sorry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry you are having such a bad time; hope everything stays fixed for awhile. Dh's business is down because of our wonderful economy and we've needed to fix a few things with a very tight budget; but NOWHERE near what you've had. You need to kick Murphy OUT!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

wow! i am tired just reading your thread. everything at once.....thanks murphy....send him on......just don't send him to me.....lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to hear of all your bad luck Pinetree , I thought i had a bad week you got me beat by a heck of a long shot.Hopefully maybe insurance can help some how you never know,can you have the renter tracked down some how may by thier s.s# if they filled out a application with you or maybe where they work and bring them to court of coarse that cost money and time you problely don't have, maybe even press charges against them for property damage man i been watch to many court shows [ lol ] anyhow I hope things start looking up for you let us know how it's going Good Luck, Klean163

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They say that God tests those He really loves. I think he really, really loves you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry you've been having so many problems! Whew!

Just a thought -- might there be another form of flooring that would be more durable and not have to be replaced next time? I don't understand renters who trash a place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

huggss right off the bat
    Im sorry your going through this and I hope that things get better soon. Good vibes sent your way dear and kicking Murphy to the curb for ya. kick kick

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, kick Murphy out and don't let him back in! Will pass along some good thoughts your way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast