We leave for Vegas in less than a week....
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Unhappy We leave for Vegas in less than a week....

so we had the parents meeting tonight. (going to Vegas next week for DS2 football tournament)
    WELL.....I had told my son we would do Thanksgiving dinner with the team but now they tell us tonight we are going to Excalibur at $20pp its gonna cost me $80 just for 1 nights dinner?!?!?! OMG what am I gonna do? Thats gonna use most of my budget for the week(Wed-Sun) I'm kinda upset right now. We are all staying at the Startosphere and I was told thats where we were eating. Their buffet is about $10-12. I think this may have been a mistake going.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Is it mandatory that you eat at Excalibur? Any of the other parents feel the same way as you do? Is the Excalibur meal a buffet also? Keep talking to us please. It's not a mistake to go; it's usually a challenge going anywhere in a large group - and things usually cost more. Please find out more info. I am sure that you are not alone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry you're having a rough time with this. If it makes it any better (probably not, but I'm trying) the Excalibur buffet is quite good...and MUCH better than Stratosphere. I hope you all end up having a really memorable time!!
    Kace - Always pinchin' pennies!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cheap eats can be found, see: http://www.bigempire.com/vegas/cheapeats.html and http://www.cheapovegas.com/index.php

Hubby and I would get up extra early to go have the $6.99 steak and eggs that's served overnight at Bill's Gamblin' Hall & Saloon (next to Bally's) - inexpensive, and it filled us up the rest of the day until dinner.

Vegas is such fun! I hope you enjoy your trip

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have/had the whole trip planned.....have printed maps and lists of ALL buffets so when I get there I can base everything around the discounts 2 for 1 stuff ect. I guess my biggest hang up is the fact I told DS2(13) we would eat Thanksgiving with his team since the rest of the trip is just us b4 and after the games.
    As far as other parents go....I don't know, honestly alot are sending the kids with the coach! I don't really talk to these parents and prefer to just be with my kids all week anyway. The Thanksgiving thing was just for my son.
    Thanks all!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mom23boyz View Post
    I have/had the whole trip planned.....have printed maps and lists of ALL buffets so when I get there I can base everything around the discounts 2 for 1 stuff ect. I guess my biggest hang up is the fact I told DS2(13) we would eat Thanksgiving with his team since the rest of the trip is just us b4 and after the games.
    As far as other parents go....I don't know, honestly alot are sending the kids with the coach! I don't really talk to these parents and prefer to just be with my kids all week anyway. The Thanksgiving thing was just for my son.
    Thanks all!
    Thanksgiving should not just be for your son. It should include your son be for the whole family, including your son! I am sure your DS won't be that upset if you do not go with them. Why not just have your Thanksgiving with your family at a cheaper, yet nice restaurant? You could explain to your DH that its a bit pricey and you did not realize this. He will understand...he is 13 right? Is this the son we are talking about?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Could you just change your mind and have a nice quiet dinner with your children, without the rest of hte team? There's no reason to tell anyone about your budget if you don't want to. Just say you'd rather spend the evening somewhere special with your kids. Your son is going to spend the whole trip with his team, right? Surely he'll let his mama have one special evening with him all to herself.