The Pink Glove Dance for breast cancer awareness....
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Post The Pink Glove Dance for breast cancer awareness....

If you have not seen this video yet, please watch and send on to as many people as you can.....

When the video gets 1 million hits, Medline will be making
    a huge contribution to the hospital, as well as offering
    free mammograms for the community. Please check it out.
    It's an easy and great way to donate to a wonderful
    cause, and who hasn't been touched by breast cancer?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdVfyt-mLw"]YouTube- Pink Glove Dance[/ame]

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good cause - but if they REALLY want to draw attention, have a pink bra dance. By the gals from Hooters...

THAT will generate some serious cash...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    Good cause - but if they REALLY want to draw attention, have a pink bra dance. By the gals from Hooters...

THAT will generate some serious cash...
    shame shame greebo.... better yet...put some pink bra's on the men and let THEM dance around...even 'I' would probably pay to see that....and i could think of a few men's names that we could start with.....

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wouldn't be the first time I've worn a bra - but the last time I was a lot cuter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time I've worn a bra - but the last time I was a lot cuter.
    well i wasn't actually referring to you (you seem like a nice guy...i would get so much more enjoyment out of tormenting a few others)...BUT...if there is a story that you would like to SHARE with the group....we are all EARS....lol....

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've cross dressed a few times. Always at Camp growing up. 1 time I was a cheerleader for the girls softball game (High School vs. Jr. High game). Once was in a parody of "Didn't mean to turn you on" as one of the girls in the background.

Those aren't nearly as embarrassing as my "I was a cast member in the Rocky Horror Picture Show" stories.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That video was posted for fun, it's already got two million hits, and there's no promise of a huge contribution to any hospital for passing it on.

Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, but there's no reason to pass this video on except for fun and to advertise for medline if you're into that kind of thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nishu View Post
    That video was posted for fun, it's already got two million hits, and there's no promise of a huge contribution to any hospital for passing it on.

Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, but there's no reason to pass this video on except for fun and to advertise for medline if you're into that kind of thing.
    i don't even know who medline is so no i am not pushing 'plugs' for anyone...as for the hits...yes...i can see they made it...and surpassed it so someone must be enjoying it....

as for passing it on just for fun...i think it goes a little deeper than that... its another way to keep the cancer 'in the light'....it looks like alot of people took time out of their day to make this video (and sure maybe they just all wanted to be on you-tube) but the least i can do is now that i have seen it...(whether there is a monetary reward anymore at this point seems kinda mute)....is pass it on for others to share.... i'm glad that the person's that forwarded it to me felt the same way....and i hope that other's can enjoy it as well....

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't mean to be a scrooge, but why? Why is it so important to make everyone think of breast cancer all the time? I'm pretty sure we're all aware of it by now. Sitting and thinking about something so horrible isn't going to heal anyone. Honestly, I just do not get it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't mean to be a scrooge, but why? Why is it so important to make everyone think of breast cancer all the time? I'm pretty sure we're all aware of it by now. Sitting and thinking about something so horrible isn't going to heal anyone. Honestly, I just do not get it.
    wow....then i guess you have never known or seen anyone (whether you care for them or not) die from cancer....ANY cancer....i have....

i guess you aren't aware that there is just not enough funding to find cures for cancer...and that if we just 'take a pill' it will all go away tomorrow....i guess if we don't keep the problems 'in the light' people will automatically wake up each and every day on their own and say "well...today cancer will claim x amount of lives...what can I do to help"...as they bound out of their beds and run gleefully for their checkbooks....

i guess all the idiots walking in circles in all the 'relays for life, races for the cure and etc' could really be making better use of their time...perhaps shopping...???.....

maybe we NEED to think about it more....maybe if you had someone dying right now of cancer perhaps you would HOPE that we are all thinking about it 24/7 too....

right at this very moment...(yes...right this second) my dh is driving home from the hospital with a very very dear friend of ours who has just received another radiation treatment for his cancer..(and no..it's not breast cancer...but CANCER is CANCER)....and it KILLS...!!! and dh will pick him up something to eat and see that he gets settled into his own bed and hopes that he will at least be able to sleep for an hr or two tonight before the reality of his situation smacks him back in the face when he gets up tomorrow morning....

no..sitting around and THINKING about cancer is NOT going to heal anyone...getting up and DOING something about it...just might....

and furthermore...as i have sat here and proofed this post...i CANNOT believe i am even having to sit here and DEFEND people that are trying to help save others lives...this is ridiculous.....

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

First of all, yes, I have seen someone die of cancer.

My stepfather passed away 5 years ago, and it was the single most traumatic thing I've ever experienced. It was a year of hell. Far and away the worst time of my life. I was there for everything. I was in the office when he was given his official prognosis. I stumbled out into the hallway and fell onto the floor trembling when I heard that this man I loved so much was about to die. I sat with him overnight in the hospital night after night that he wouldn't be alone. I was pregnant and caring for a 2 year old. I didn't sleep the entire summer. I didn't leave his side for more than a day the entire time he was sick. I watched go from strong and vibrant to wasting away into a shell of a person, barely coherent and unable to care for himself.

He doesn't count I guess, because he's not a woman and his cancer wasn't on his boobies. I have never, ever, not one time sat and thought "Gee, lets all sit and think about cancer."

Don't make assumptions.

I don't see the point of sitting and dwelling on something so unpleasant. Being aware of something alone doesn't help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

First of all, yes, I have seen someone die of cancer.

My stepfather passed away 5 years ago, and it was the single most traumatic thing I've ever experienced. It was a year of hell. Far and away the worst time of my life. I was there for everything. I was in the office when he was given his official prognosis. I stumbled out into the hallway and fell onto the floor trembling when I heard that this man I loved so much was about to die. I sat with him overnight in the hospital night after night that he wouldn't be alone. I was pregnant and caring for a 2 year old. I didn't sleep the entire summer. I didn't leave his side for more than a day the entire time he was sick. I watched go from strong and vibrant to wasting away into a shell of a person, barely coherent and unable to care for himself.

He doesn't count I guess, because he's not a woman and his cancer wasn't on his boobies. I have never, ever, not one time sat and thought "Gee, lets all sit and think about cancer."

Don't make assumptions.

I don't see the point of sitting and dwelling on something so unpleasant. Being aware of something alone doesn't help.
    first of all i am not so proud and humble that i will not say that i am terribly sorry for your loss.... when someone witnesses and goes through a time like that it changes you forever...

as for him not counting coz he didn't have boobies...you could not be more wrong...

you have to remember it only takes 1 to start a movement...perhaps the movement for breast cancer has taken a forefront but whether cancer is in your breasts or on any other part of your body...it is still cancer and i am willing to take any kind of cancer recognition we can get at this time...maybe its not the cancer of choice that you prefer to be recognized at the moment...but it IS keeping cancer in the light....and because of it there are dollars being funded to help find a cure....and now....men have been developing breast cancer at an alarming rate....so this is not a 'gender specific' cancer.....

so to sit and 'dwell' on it...yea...i will...i will do alone, with friends, on the internet...while i am not a scientist and i won't be the great one that finds the cure...i can however do my part (however, insignificant it may seem to you or anyone else)....and the more people that can climb on and stay on board maybe the sooner this awfulness will be a thing of the past....

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

to anyone else reading this thread (if you are still here)...lol....this conversation is done....

i hope that you watch the video and see it for what it is....its a creative video addressing a very serious problem we currently face... do with it what you will.....

(and just maybe if you are lucky you can catch a glimpse of greebo streaking by in a red bra.....)....hahahahahahahahaha... (sorry greebo...i just had to).....

~ Cree Indian Prophecy