My microwave

Thread: My microwave

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default My microwave

Has been acting up for quite sometime. So I have been watching to see if I can get one on sale for a good price, or if I can get a good condition one for second hand.

I wanted a larger one like a 1.0 or 1.1 because the small one is not really any good for us. We use our microwave daily, and i even do baked potatoes in it.

So The first two places I went was the two thrift stores, I couldnt get either one there.

Next I went to walmart. Where I live there are VERY few places I can go to get a Microwave. (Actually I was in a town 45 minutes away)

I Was checking out their prices, the small microwaves ranged in price from 79-89 dollars. The larger that I was looking for ranged from 99-199.

Now I was NOT paying 199 for a microwave.

The one I wanted was stainless steal and was 99 dollars according to the tag on the shelf, but of course walmart did not have any in stock.

So I decided I would try another store before breaking down and purchasing a white microwave....actually I probably would have got the black one. they were 99 dollars.

So I went to Canadian tire. They had only three microwaves on display, and very little on the shelf. So I asked someone who was working there. There was a shelf tag that said Danby 1.1 for 119. There wasn't one on the shelf but she went and checked and sure enough there was one.

When she brought it to me, I recognized it was the one at walmart for 99 (stainless steal). They price match at canadian tire. So she called walmart and the person at walmart said it was 89.95 for the microwave. (I could have been mistaken about the price, either that or when they scanned it at walmart it was 89 instead of the shelf tag of 99)

So I got my microwave for 89.95 dollars instead of 119. Also Canadian tire will give you back 10 % canadian tire money of an item that is price matched, so the item was 89.95 so I got 8.95 back in canadian tire money, PLUS any regular canadian tire money that I would have gotten anyway.

So in theory I got my microwave for 81 dollars and tax....plus regular canadian tire money.

So I am keeping my canadian tire money for when we do some rennovations here, I may need paint or a new light or something and I will add it all up and hopefully get it free lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, good for you! I'm happy you were able to get a deal that will keep on giving!

My parents microwave recently gave up the ghost and they had a really hard time finding one that was affordable.
    Blog: http://amysreallife.com

Amy
    Wife to
    Mommy to 4
    Public School Teacher

Mortgage - $377,836.63

Always remember others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way to go!! You really got a deal. I have to buy a microwave soon for my apartment. I just need a small dinky $40 walmart one though, lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Enjoy your new microwave! I use mine more than the stove top or oven.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on shopping well! And a great deal.

Enjoy your new micro!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats on your deal! We just bought a new micro, and I can tell you we paid a lot more than $80, but I love it and it had all the buttons I wanted. I use my micro more than my cooktop.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

congulation on a good deal i use my microwave a lot more then my stove.