Billshrink.com does not seem to save money
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Billshrink.com does not seem to save money

I just heard on a tv show I am watching about a site called billshrink.com. It is supposed to help you save money by comparing different services.

Anyway, I decided to try it out. I thought I would first try the cellphone feature. I put the information in and it came up with a service that would have cost me over $20 a month. I put in that I spend $6.66 a month for cellphone, using tracfone.

Then I decided to put in the information for tv service. I put in the information for basic cablevision that I receive. Well it came up with the same cablevision plus an extra $7 for some additional features. It did not list the same service that I receive for less that the cheapest service that billshrink.com thinks I need.

This just left a really bad feeling. I thought I might be able to list this site on FV as a site that would be helpful. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case. Maybe it depends on where in the country you live.

Anyone else try this website and had better luck?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have not tried that particular website, but I have yet to find any scheme or website, or book with "magic" information that you can not learn from here at FV or similar website for FREE.

There is no "quick" or "instant way" to get out of debt other than to pay it off and make sacrifices.

People ask me all the time how to get out of debt as if I'll have answer besides "sacrifice without incurring more debt".
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was more curious to see if what I was paying was actually the cheapest. From what I can tell it must be. I was amazed that Tracfone was not even mentioned on the website for cell phone service.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I tried it out with my cell phone and I got this:

"Way to go! Based on what you've told us about your cellphone usage, it appears that you are already on the best plan! The market changes quickly so we'll let you know if money-saving opportunities become available..."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

There's a saying:

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I keep finding "we'll save you money" sites all over that just seem to be sneaky advertisements unfortunately... except FV of course

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I saw this on Nate Berkus this am - is this where you saw it?

Those tips with the diff rooms, us Villagers know about them or I have seen them suggested on here at least. Not everyone will be as savvy as us Villagers so at least its a starting point for the newbs. As for that site.....I don't think it would work for me to try as I'm not in the US.