Frugal Village Forums banner

Earthquake on Maui 2 minutes ago!!

3K views 38 replies 26 participants last post by  heartofmine 
#1 ·
The couch started shaking bake and forth - with me on it (and our LR is on the second floor) for over 1 minute and the heavy entertainment center was shaking. OMG - that was the worst one I have ever felt.

DH is on the road - I hope he gets back soon - wonder how far it travelled - we don't get too many here.

Reactions: Libby
#2 ·
Oh wow - gonna flip on the tv news to watch for this. Glad you're alright though and able to post for us as scary as it is being in one.

Just like someone said when the tsunami was supposed to hit HI not too long ago - we get our news from the village and not tv!

#3 ·
Everything OK? I've been in a few quakes, nothing too large. We lived on the New Madrid fault in MO.....

#4 ·
Just checked it out: Actually two earthquakes hit. One was a 4.7 and one a 3.3. (if the source is correct)

#6 ·
Yeah i was there n the summer when that one hit in June. Living most 20 years in Torrance and had my fare share of those

#7 ·
#8 ·
Yup all is okay - mahalo - DH thought that something was wrong with his car as he was sitting in traffic when it happened. No tsunami was generated - thank goodness. The earthquake was off Kahoolawe - a deserted island off Maui - but it was felt throughout the islands - that's unusual.

#9 ·
Wow they just had another one so that makes 3 in the last 15 minutes.

#10 ·
Just flashed on the news that it was a 4.6 - am sure we'll hear more later.

#12 ·
Wow. I'm glad you're safe. I've never been in an earthquake.

#13 ·
:yikes: I'm so glad you and your DH are okay.

#14 ·
Me too friends!! We've had little earth quakes, but nothing like this - strange to have them just pop up now. I wonder how the animals reacted - they are supposed to be in tune with that type of natural occurence.

#15 ·
I would think the animals would have started acting as if they were anxious, and be unable to settle down. I know our Suki would get cabin fever like before a big snow or ice storm and start pacing, and repeatedly ask to go out. She'd stand outside and stare at the sky and sniff the air, then look back at me with her head tilted.

#16 ·
Amazing how sensitive animals are!!

Reactions: pollypurebred39
#17 ·
Yes, it is. I just got done reading something somewhere? that talks about just what it sounds like for your animal to hear things, it was amazing. I wish I could remember where I read it so I could share it with you.

#21 ·
I hate them. You just have no control and have to ride the wave & hope for the best. Glad there wasn't any damage to life & property.
Earthquakes are busy little bees http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/

#22 ·
Sounds scary! Glad you and home are safe!

#25 ·
Oh MM! That's scary! I am glad that you and your DH are okay! :hugz:

#27 ·
Mahalo for the thoughts and suport!! Funny - first this - I called DD and then logged on here - I know where my friends are support are!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.