I'm moving!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm moving!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I'm moving!

DH and I found a nice apartment for $750 a month, and she decided to rent to us! We are going to be moving April 14th. I have so much to do to prepare for this move and its gonna be really hard with working 70 hours a week!

I don't have any furniture at all, (not even a bed or a shower curtain) so I am going to be in save mode until we move.

I am really happy with the way things are panning out with me working 2 jobs, DH loves his job, and now an apartment.

The only thing that could make things really amazing is getting my kitties back, but I can't do that =/

Anyway, just wanted to share my good news!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What great news. I am so happy for you, just try to take care of yourself while doing all this so you can stay happy and healthy. It will be wonderful for you all to have your own place. Keep an eye out on craigslist and yard sales that will be starting up for the things you need.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

HOW EXCITING!! A move that you are truly looking forward too, compared the to the latest ones you've had to do. So excited for you two as a couple!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats Ash! Nows your time to shine by using all the frugal skills you've learned

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yard sales are gonna be a MAJOR helper for this move!!! Thanks all! I am very much looking forward to this, but DH is very scared and paranoid about it because of the past. We can do it though!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck Ashley, you've worked very hard and you and DH deserve this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is wonderful news, you will both shine in your new place!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is great news Ashley. You have worked really hard to get to this point. Do not ever forget that.

In a way I am encouraged to hear that your husband is hesitant about the move considering what has happened before. In some ways it will help in decision making especially with furnishing your place. Right now you need the basics. Make a list of the bare basics that you need and search the yardsales and thriftstores. Much of my furniture is from yardsales. And it is solid mahogany furniture so do not be discouraged. It did however take me a long time to furnish my place.

Spread the word that you are in need of items for your place. Since it is almost spring people will be doing their spring cleaning. If someone offers you something you need say thank you. Do not worry to much about having brand new or matching furniture. There is time to get all of that. Do not mean to lecture you, just trying to encourage you to keep doing things the frugal way. And do not be afraid to stop the car when you see something sitting on the curb waiting for pickup. It really is surprising what a little elbow grease can do.

Congratulations Ashley. I know you and your husband have worked hard to get to this point!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by shoiji View Post
    That is great news Ashley. You have worked really hard to get to this point. Do not ever forget that.

In a way I am encouraged to hear that your husband is hesitant about the move considering what has happened before. In some ways it will help in decision making especially with furnishing your place. Right now you need the basics. Make a list of the bare basics that you need and search the yardsales and thriftstores. Much of my furniture is from yardsales. And it is solid mahogany furniture so do not be discouraged. It did however take me a long time to furnish my place.

Spread the word that you are in need of items for your place. Since it is almost spring people will be doing their spring cleaning. If someone offers you something you need say thank you. Do not worry to much about having brand new or matching furniture. There is time to get all of that. Do not mean to lecture you, just trying to encourage you to keep doing things the frugal way. And do not be afraid to stop the car when you see something sitting on the curb waiting for pickup. It really is surprising what a little elbow grease can do.

Congratulations Ashley. I know you and your husband have worked hard to get to this point!
    Oh I hear ya! I don't care if it was sitting outside, haha. I am a frugal shopper! I don't care if its new or used

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

congrats!! That is really exciting!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yeah. best of luck for your new start...

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great news! Happy hunting on stuff for your new place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations, Ashley! How wonderful it will be to have your own place again, especially after waiting for the timing to be perfect! Enjoy it!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

congratulations !!! you've worked hard for this !!
    if you cant find anything free of off freecycles or craigs list ( the whole bed bug things makes me a little nervous about fabric furniture because if you find an issue you cant get a refund and may spend alot on cleaning stuff )
    look into corts furniture rental places that sell at low prices when the rental is done ( usually corporate rentals Ie a guy comes up to an unfurnished apt when working until a new home is found for family )

we have got a few things from such places at decent prices- also check out IKeA and other furniture places clearance/ scratch and dent areas- i have got from such places for cheaper then good will .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congrats but be vary careful about spending too much. It's so easy to get carried away with furnishing a new home. YARD SALE YARD SALE YARD SALE. In my opinion much cheaper then thrift stores

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast