What was one of your favourite vacations?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What was one of your favourite vacations?

Hi FV,

I landed back in Canada on Saturday April 16, 2011 at 8pm, from my long a waited trip to Europe. I was gone for 2.5 weeks, we started in Spain(Barcelona), France(Marseille), Monaco(Monte Carlo), Italy(Throughout), Greek Isles(Santorini, Zakynthos), Turkey(Emphesus) and Greece(Athens). It was definitely a trip of a life time, I would easily go back in a heartbeat. There is so much I could talk about, but my all time favorite places were France, Italy, Turkey and Greece. They were all absolutely beautiful places, it was so neat to see the cultural aspects, the food was impecable, and seeing the sites that we learned about in school or read about in the media. I would have to say this was my favorite trip of all time.

Now, there is one thing I wanted to ask all of you is, "What was your favourite trip in the past or present and why?"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Iceland - hauntingly beautiful, gorgeous people, great history, geysers, waterfalls, black volcanic beaches, glaciers, lava fields. Iceland Air and Tourism are all linked together so our trip was smooth, from boarding the plane, getting to the hotel, bus trips daily to the various sites, etc. I would go back in a heartbeat and it is only 5 hrs away by plane from the East Coast.

Hawaii would be the next in line.... but not on a cruise ship, too much rocking!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unfrugally: So far, Disney World. It was the first time for myself and my teens. Hands down great memories, the pictures are on the wall and in our hearts.

Frugally: There was one particular trip to Nebraska that was just wonderful. We stayed with my parents, went sledding on a huge hill on their property, had huge meals, hot chocolate, looked through pictures, my mom did sewing projects with my one daughter and the other played with the cats, we played board games, baked cookies, it was just such a great time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One trip was to Austria to ski.

Another trip to DC. Had a great time there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My favorite was a trip that my husband and I took shortly after we were first married [about 40 years ago]
    We drove out west and visited places like Yellowstone, Bryce Canyon, the Canyonlands in Utah,etc.
    It was the most magnificent scenery I had ever seen.
    We traveled in a pick-up and camped at a different campsite every night.
    Too Blessed to be Stressed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We went to Kauai last year for nine days. Wonderful, wonderful trip. In fact, today I just ran across a brochure tucked away in a suitcase for the luau we went to. Great memories.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The favorite in my heart, was when a friend of mine called me at work asking "How adventurous are you?" Her and her husband had just bought a small used RV. She was going in for carpel tunnel surgery - she was determined to take the RV out at least once before recovery.

I called Dh to ask if it was ok, called the kids - told them what to pack, "We're leaving when I get home"
    We threw food together from our homes, made a quick stop to the market and we were off to Cape Cod. We did stop overnight at a rest stop. It was robbed while we were sleeping. Woke up to State Police swarmed all over.
    Drove off, one of the tires blew. I mean really. Good thing it was in a spot where there was a double set.
    Took care of that. Did some sight seeing, beach combing, and banging around, turns out, the next weekend was the start of their season, so much was closed. We found a camp ground to park for the night. Left the next morning in search of sights to see. Decided to stop at a tourist shop to let the kids spend their $5 allotment of souvenir money. Came out, RV would not start. Popped the hood. The battery casing fell OUT of the RV. The battery had been being held up by it's wires, which heated and melted through. We got it started, to a shop, fixed (for the price of bolts, no less!). At this point, we decided to head to Plymouth. The idea was, Plymouth was closer - if we didn't make it there, we weren't making it back to NY either. Plymouth is beautiful in it's own right. There was much to see. Plymouth rock, the ship, and so much more. On the way home, my youngest (then 9) announced. "This is the scariest trip ever, yet the best trip ever too!!"
    When we got home, Dh met us at the door. Kids went to put their things away upstairs,(then 12yo) DD came bounding down "That's it I am officially a woman!!" Hubster looked at me and said (with a straight face) - "Exactly what kind of trip was this any way?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We went to Hawaii in 2007 we stayed on the Big Island and Oahu
    we were there 10 days. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I want to go back someday. It was beautiful. I would live there if all my family was not here in AL. TC

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2 week trip to Yellowstone
    3 week trip to Washington State
    1 week trip camping at the beach in CT

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

2006 trip to California. My first time being on the west coast. LOVED IT. Last year's trip to Paradise Island, Bahamas. Amazing sights, food and people.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Ceashels;1513117]Iceland - hauntingly beautiful, gorgeous people, great history, geysers, waterfalls, black volcanic beaches, glaciers, lava fields. Iceland Air and Tourism are all linked together so our trip was smooth, from boarding the plane, getting to the hotel, bus trips daily to the various sites, etc. I would go back in a heartbeat and it is only 5 hrs away by plane from the East Coast.
    QUOTE]

My trip to Iceland about 40 years ago was the first that popped into my mind too!! A group of us from Connecticut decided to take a long weekend and fly to Iceland. Icelandic Air was wonderful - even served brandy in small crystal goblets!! Had such a great time!!

Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Can I say the vacation I'm on RIGHT NOW?

My mom came to visit for a month, but instead of wanting to hang out with us in our little apartment, decided instead we should go around to 7 Greek islands with our car, and see literally EVERYTHING, and of course that she would pay for everything (!!). So we've spent the past month doing that, going back after each 1 or 2 to our own island to relax/regroup. These islands are all about 1-2 hours apart but they are all so different and I've only been to two of them before. I'm being BLOWN AWAY every day. Today is the last day though....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thailand! I can't wait to go back. I also loved Rome and Tuscany. I love pretty much everywhere I travel outside of the US.

Next month I'm spending a week in Berlin, then I'm taking a Norwegian Fjords cruise. I love, love, love to travel!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Right now We're going on year 7 of living in Europe thanks to the military. So it's inexpensive to travel although we haven't done much since we've had the boys. When I was working, I'd work to pay for us to travel.

We did trips to Ireland, Italy, France, Egypt. We spent 10 days in each of these countries.

Then we did little sightseeing, camping hiking, kayaking, rock climbing trips all over England, Scotland and Wales. We're going to start seeing more of Germany once the boys start walking.

Once we get back to the states, I want to see more of the U.S. We've met British people that have seen more of the U.S. than us!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

2 stick out in my mind.... one of them was spent in Lahaina at Lahaina Shores and the other is when we drove Route 66... Last year's vacation spent in Utah was pretty awesome also!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast