what is your weakness when spending money
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default what is your weakness when spending money

I am not sure if this is in right place if not please move it. At one time my weakness was going to yard sales,flea markets,Gw,& Sa stories.I could go in stories at mall look lot time not buy a thing but if i went to one of the places above i felt like i had to buy something.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me, too. I felt like if it was so inexpensive, I should buy it, regardless if I needed it or not. lol
    Now, my greatest weakness is getting Chinese take out, buying books on ebay and Diet Coke.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Clothes and toys for my kids! Eating out too, I just get so tired by the end of the day its so much easier to get takeout. The past month we've eaten out pretty much every day, but we were out of town the first two weeks and I had a baby two weeks ago so I'm trying to take it easy. I need to start meal planning again to get back on track.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh gosh I have so many... things for dd, toys, clothes, shoes.. Eating out is a big weakness to.. I have a bunch more to I need to cut back

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

....lipstick...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My weakness is the grocery store. That is the only place that I can go and not walk out with out spending money. I can go to the mall or dept store and not buy a thing.

I limit myself to going to the grocery store as much as possible.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Anything for the kids is a huge weakness for me. The biggest though is the Grocery Store. I love to grocery shop and I guess I find it easy to justify.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

inexpensive name brand baby clothes for my boys. I am a member of several online mom boards where people can sell their clothes. I have a hard time passing up $4 baby gap jeans and such!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

S.t.a.r.b.u.c.k.s.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Snacks & treats, junk food.

I buy them b/c I just want one portion to satisfy my craving but the real problem is when the smaller size is only 20 cents less then the larger size From a frugality perspective, you automatically have to buy the larger size. Luckily with DF here, he gets a snack size baggie of whatever with his lunches so he gets treats too! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I see something cute for one of my grandkids...especially one of the girls....I had all boys so buying for girls is special...of course my grandson loves matchbox cars (he is 2) so I have one in my purse some sunday mornings in Church and I open my purse a little and let him a peak and he just goes nuts..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Soft drinks is probably tops.

Eating out also. I don't care for a fast food so we tend to go to places that cost a little more. We have an excellent Mexican restaurant (average bill for 4 is $40.00/50.00) and also a Chinese place (average bill $25.00/30.00..not to bad for 4) that we love. We eat out most Sunday's and sometimes through the week we might go to lunch once (usually not the whole family). I know that isn't as much as some go but I still feel guilty spending that much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FABRIC I have so much fabric, I don't even go fabric shopping unless I need fabric to finish a project. When I get all of the e-mails mentioning sales, I just delete them so I'm not tempted. I have to go through the Keepsake Quilting catalog when it comes in the mail though. Man, they have lovely fabric...

Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

anything to make DH happy (something like a newspaper or a fast food meal that I would never buy for myself)

books - but haven't bought a book in just about 14 months now - very proud of that - oh no actually I bought a €7 cookbook in September.

feeling like I can't just buy one thing in the supermarket even if that's all I need - I feel bad. Our supermarket is about the size of your average living room and it's always the same guy there, so I feel embarrassed about walking in and buying an onion and giving him 17 cents or whatever. So I'll get 10 onions even if I don't need them - this is pure stupidity on my part.

I've been showing extreme restraint on this one for a year, but home decor kind of things - whether it's paint, or a nice piece of pottery, or a rug... so hard for me to resist when I see something I love.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The health food store all that lovely organic produce, the organic extracts, the raw milk, the raw cheese, the local organic yogurts, the local raw butter, the local raw honey, the medicinal herbs, their organic bakery with the lemon owl cookies and hearty breads, their organic restaurant, the homemade organic lunch bar with organic sandwiches, noodles, hot soups, their gift department, the shampoos, soaps, cleaners, and on and on. It's crazy but I'd rather have a bar of fabulous soap then eat. I just have to make myself make a list of what medicinal medicines (just about the only thing I go in there for now) we need and make a bee line for it and leave as fast as I can.

That and I MUST stay out of Bare Escentuals, Restoration Hardware, Smith and Hawkens, and Origins. I don't know but I heard Lush is incredible too, I don't risk it, I've never been in.

My DH can not go to places like The Rosemary House or anything like that (kills me too), Restoration Hardware, Smith and Hawkins, nice greenhouses.

Someday.....*Sigh*

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast