Plans for 2012 ~ not resolutions, not goals - just plans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Plans for 2012 ~ not resolutions, not goals - just plans

Things I plan to get involved in this year ~

~ My annual garage sale
    ~ Sale of homemade goodies at the local Saturday Farmers Market
    ~ Getting my housesitting/petsitting business officially up and running
    ~ A GREAT garden this year (unlike last years total FLOP)
    ~ Plenty of trips - hehe

So, whatcha all gettin' yourselves into this year????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Going back to stockpiling but I'm not doing a year this time. No space.

4 months stockpile it is. Gosh I love stocking lol! I love the couponing too. It's like a fun clever game and you get to spend money!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketlegs View Post
    Going back to stockpiling but I'm not doing a year this time. No space.

4 months stockpile it is. Gosh I love stocking lol! I love the couponing too. It's like a fun clever game and you get to spend money!
    When I lived in a big city I too loved to coupon. Here in this small town we don't get coupons in our local paper and I have never really gotten into ordering them from the internet or printing them. Besides, our sales on name brands aren't all that great and I just live on generics & fresh fruits/veggies anyway so I guess I don't get to play....

I don't really have a 'stockpile' per say. Although I could live on the food in my house for probably a month or so if I had to. When there are great loss-leader deals I will grab a boatload so if you opened my cabinet today you might see 25 cans of green beans but next week it could be something completely different.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelvssammy View Post
    When I lived in a big city I too loved to coupon. Here in this small town we don't get coupons in our local paper and I have never really gotten into ordering them from the internet or printing them. Besides, our sales on name brands aren't all that great and I just live on generics & fresh fruits/veggies anyway so I guess I don't get to play....

I don't really have a 'stockpile' per say. Although I could live on the food in my house for probably a month or so if I had to. When there are great loss-leader deals I will grab a boatload so if you opened my cabinet today you might see 25 cans of green beans but next week it could be something completely different.
    Actually what you are doing is indeed a stockpile.

Putting food and items up for another day(but using, we aren't hoarders!) that you got at a great price. No one but you gets to say how much and of what you stock.

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm planning to work. I start the day after tomorrow and I'm something between excited and terrified.

I'm planning to double-up our mortgage payments for the full year while we have the second income, and put the remainder into savings.

I'm planning to do a much better job of menu planning and shopping so that we don't waste so much money this year.

I'm planning to go back to tracking our spending.

I'm planning to be ready for Christmas before Christmas Eve.

I've accepted that my garden will always suck, but I plan to continue trying it anyway. This year I want to plant a cherry tree and another apple tree - provided the one I planted last year is still alive in the spring.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrangler71 View Post
    I'm planning to work. I start the day after tomorrow and I'm something between excited and terrified.

I'm planning to double-up our mortgage payments for the full year while we have the second income, and put the remainder into savings.

I'm planning to do a much better job of menu planning and shopping so that we don't waste so much money this year.

I'm planning to go back to tracking our spending.

I'm planning to be ready for Christmas before Christmas Eve.

I've accepted that my garden will always suck, but I plan to continue trying it anyway. This year I want to plant a cherry tree and another apple tree - provided the one I planted last year is still alive in the spring.
    I just did my January menu yesterday! I put it on the fridge. My dds get so excited when I do that because they know I'm cooking more because I have a plan instead of standing in the kitchen wondering what to do and yelling EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!

It really is a time and a budget saver.

I made my list from what I had in my house and didn't include the $400 grocery money I will spend next week so that frees up money for the stockpile which in turn puts me in a better place of always having a meal preparation in place. Still saving me money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lose weight, as always.

Write more and better.

Exercise.

You know, all the usual.

We're skipping travel this year except for our RV rally and focusing on the house instead.