It's time to start planning those annual garage sales...
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default It's time to start planning those annual garage sales...

How is it I can continue to have one of these every darn year when I don't buy anything anymore ~ UGH!

Oh well, nonetheless - it's time. Winter is flying by quickly and before we know it we will see springtime peeking her beautiful head out from behind the bushes in the backyard.

With spring/summer comes none other than garage sale season.

I have set my date for this year to be April 6th. Yes, it could still be quite cold here in Indiana but my thoughts are to be able to catch all the folks that are going stir-crazy from being winter-bound.

Remember the old adage ~ The early bird gets the worm
    The earlier the sale the less burnout a shopper may experience if you wait till end of season.

Anyone else planning on having a sale this year???

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish you lots, and lots of customers with fat wallets, who want to SPEND, SPEND, SPEND!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Actually I'm going to try to have mine next weekend. All the boxes were stored out in the shed but DH got tired of looking at them and threatened to throw it all away. I convinced him I'd have my garage sale this coming weekend but looks like rain so it will have to wait for the following weekend. It's been warm here so I shouldn't have too much of a problem. I'll be relieved to get rid of this stuff. I can't stand to see all those boxes stacked all over my deck and table. I've bought less than ever this year and I have no idea where it all came from! I think a lot of it is the kids clothing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No I am a good bargain hunter but a terrible seller I give it away. So rather than giving to someone who is driving a nicer car than me. I donate to the local battered women's shelter and my church. I wish I could people walk all over me. GOOD LUCK.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oheoh's momma View Post
    No I am a good bargain hunter but a terrible seller I give it away. So rather than giving to someone who is driving a nicer car than me. I donate to the local battered women's shelter and my church. I wish I could people walk all over me. GOOD LUCK.
    Thanks - you are a good soul for donating. I do donate what's left over. But you brought up a great observation with the cars - ever really looked around a thrift store parking lot???

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck....I'm lazy in my old age...too much work for me...lol ..I just sent two huge boxes of knick knacks to my sister for her grandkids Christmas store where the kids can "purchase" gifts for their parents.

Registered User hippytreehugger4ever's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just had a garage sale yesterday since it was 72 degrees (in Nebraska of all places LOL). I live right across the street from the elementary school, so all I have to do is drag my tables out of the garage an hour or so before school's out and people stop since they all park next to my house anyway. I keep the tables set up in the garage year round and buy junk lots at auctions and all seasonal stuff that goes 90%-95% off to resell.

Registered User AspiringToBeFrugal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In November we partnered with another family who'd recenly lost their husband/dad for a garage sale held at their church. I made about $80 which I thought was great! We did have some stuff that didn't sell so it was brought home and we'll be having another sale in the spring (probably mid-to-late April). DH and I are moving as much stuff around as possible in our 2 BR apartment to make room for the baby so we'll have a lot of stuff to get rid of!