SAHM- phone call "it is work"
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Talking SAHM- phone call "it is work"

As a SHAM
    If I am at parent teacher conferences with all the other working moms and dads and my phone rings ( on vibrate of course) and realize that it is the repair man finally returning my call.

Do I get to excuse myself saying "It is work I have to take this"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Personally, I don't see why you need to 'justify' who's calling you to the 'teacher'. If you've deemed the call important enough to have to take, so be it.

I totally agree that being a SAHM/SAHW IS a valid 'job'. It just pays in different 'currency'.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with Libby being a stay at home mom and wife.. IT is HARD WORK.. no need to explain...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Absolutely. Is there a doubt? There shouldn't be.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge July
    $

Grocery Challenge/July
    Goal $250.00
    Total $

Eat Out No More July
    Goal 20
    Accomp/7

No Spend Challenge/July
    Goal 20
    Accomp 6

Change Jar 2019
    $

Christmas Fund 2019
    $

Emergency/Sinking
    $100

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's cute.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You betcha- as CEO of the household, if you don't deal with it, who will?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Personally, I think it's very rude to take a call if you're with someone in a meeting. How would you like it if the teacher did that and wasted your time?

But if you do, all you have to say is you need to take the call.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Deer View Post
    Personally, I think it's very rude to take a call if you're with someone in a meeting. How would you like it if the teacher did that and wasted your time?

But if you do, all you have to say is you need to take the call.
    Yep. Unless it were my sitter calling, I wouldn't take it.

For Z's work, if his squad is on call, he has to take it, no exceptions.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wouldn't answer my phone during a parent teacher conference unless it seemed to truly be an emergency. Our parent teacher conferences are one on one meetings with our teacher and I just think that would be rude and I wouldn't want a phone call cutting into my 15 minutes with the teacher. I wouldn't think most working parents would take a phone call during a conference like that either. However, if your conference is a different sort of a set up then maybe it would be more appropriate. If you are sitting a big room waiting for your turn to speak to the teacher and your phone rings I probably wouldn't say much of anything other than "excuse me" and would step into the hall to take the phone call. No need to justify who are speaking with to anyone. I've been a SAHM for 18 years now and don't feel any less worthy of speaking on my phone to whomever I please than I would if I was working full time

Registered User greekislandgirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh is a teacher and his response to this was "hey, at least they showed up. Most parents at my school don't even bother to come to the conference."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oddly enough, I had a doctor call my cell phone to make an appointment - in the middle of another doctor's appointment! Considering how darn hard it is to GET an appointment I had to take it, but you can bet I felt really bad about wasting the doctor's time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well i , as a past sahm and a now work PT around my kids schedules mom say NO

otherwise you insinuate because i work PT- i never have to clean or cook or shop or do homework call a plumber or make appts or do laundry etc etc okay ..... IN MY DREAMS !!!

i do i just do it before and after i work( while my kids are in school,) or if i am at work with a paient at their home i saw excuse me i need to get this its the plumber .

so that is not "work" of a sahm -its a responsibility of having a home - whether SAHM PT working FT working etc its just the plumber/ electrician etc returning a call that you cant miss or you may not get him back again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Momto5RN View Post

otherwise you insinuate because i work PT- i never have to clean or cook or shop or do homework call a plumber or make appts or do laundry etc etc okay ..... IN MY DREAMS !!!

i do i just do it before and after i work( while my kids are in school,) or if i am at work with a paient at their home i saw excuse me i need to get this its the plumber .

so that is not "work" of a sahm -its a responsibility of having a home - whether SAHM PT working FT working etc its just the plumber/ electrician etc returning a call that you cant miss or you may not get him back again.
    When the ladies at Hubby's work take calls from the kids or the plumber they
    say "I have to take this it's my other job" Hubby now joins in with their joke. When the kids call him HE says that he has to take this it is his other job

That is why it was so funny to think about the repair man calling during the cattle call called parent teacher conferences being able to turn to Hubby and say " It is work I have to take this"
    Inside jokes are so much fun

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Momto5RN View Post

I couldn't agree more.