I think its official. I hate the mall
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I think its official. I hate the mall

I took my girls on a planned day of shopping today with their Christmas money. I have struggled with shopping at Walmart for about a year or so now but I think after today its safe to add the mall to the list. I just get really anxious around that many people shopping. I dont know what irritates me more, the germs or the rude people. Luckily we dont go very often to thw mall as it is a bit of a drive. Am I alone in my crazy world or does anyone else have this problem?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nope, not alone, I hate the mall as well... The germs don't bother me, but the rude people do. What really bothers me, though, is the entire segment of humanity that buys into that mall-culture. They scare me. And there's a lot of them. I avoid the mall whenever possible (which is to say, most of the time.)
    In times like these, it helps to recall there have always been times like these.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't hate it really. I just don't care much for shopping. I think the last time I was there was when I bought a family member a washer around Hallowen. We only went in sears.

My 16 year old goes often with friends. It seems to be the place for teenage boys to scope out girls.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I avoid the mall at all costs. It's been at least four years since I've been. Don't miss anything there one bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I detest the mall. I find myself there about 2 or 3 times out of neccessity but everyone knows they better get their running shoes on if they are going there with me because my goal is to get in and out as fast as humanly possible. It is always hot as Hades in there, the people are rude, I can count on one hand in my whole adult life the times I every got a deal worth going there for and I feel like I am in a cesspool of germs the whole time I am there. My kids consider it a personal victory if they can convince me the mall is the place to go for something.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our mall is practically dead. Teenagers hang out at the library and Walmart instead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hate the mall. Was there today. On a Saturday. Horrible. We went to a cell phone place to get dh a new phone. Blah. Too many people. DD wanted to go to the mall play area. No way. Filled with tons of snotty nosed kids. Sickness waiting to happen. And people walk right into me while pushing a stroller. Beyond rude. I'd rather go to the dentist.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH likes to go mall shopping from time to time. I don't. The only time I go is when I'm on a mission for a certain store. I usually just go in...go to the store...get what I need done...then leave. Crowded areas, rude people and germs don't scare me. I just don't like malls much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

glad I am not totally alone. Haha! I am pretty lucky that my family doesnt love the mall either so we rarely go. Im hoping I can get through at least another year before going back!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I havent been in about 5 years or more. To me it smells bad,its hot. I hate it when groups of kids block the whole aisle. Prices are higher. The only reason I would go is to walk as its cold here.
    Used to go to the movies but i wont pay those prices to hear 1/2 the movie at a cringe worthy volume.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The mall makes my head hurt. Too many people, rude people, horrible parking...the list just goes on and on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have not been to the mall in about 10 years and have no plans to go there in the future.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the mall in the winter to walk indoors to get exercise. I agree don't like rude people or the germs either!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I can't remember the last time I went to the mall, except for the anchor store J.C.Penny's. But then I park at one of their entrances and never go past their doors. So I guess that counts as not being in the mall. But then again, I haven't been in Penny's in probably a year or more. We are more Kohl's folks - and thankfully they are in a small strip mall. Easy in and out.

Unless you worry about being the latest 'trend-setter', there are plenty of places to get what you need to survive in this day and age without going near a mall.

And while on the subject, I feel the exact same way about Wal-Mart. It's a mall too as far as I am concerned - there just aren't any walls...

“After the last tree has been cut down, after the last river has been poisoned, after the last fish has been caught.
    Only then will you find that money can't be eaten.”

~ Cree Indian Prophecy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not a fan either. I know for my own peace of mind I shop early in the day and never go near places like that from November - mid January. Christmas shopping is done online & early (enough time for things to ship).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast