This is not a site for political discussion, debate or argument
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default This is not a site for political discussion, debate or argument

As the political climate has become particularly charged of late, I fear this reminder is necessary.

Government affects all of our lives in many ways - that's unavoidable.

That means it's perfectly acceptable to have a discussion about how various Government actions, policies, etc. are directly impacting us.

What isn't acceptable is to turn this forum into a platform for a particular political viewpoint. Threads or posts that steer away from how Government is affecting your Frugal Lifestyle and become platforms for scoring points, pointing fingers, arguing policy, etc. will not be left open.

I'm not saying you can't express your personal position - if you want to identify as a Liberal Republican or a Conservative Democrat or a Snake Charming Objectivist, that's fine but stop it there. Do not start challenging other people's positions, getting into debates, arguing policy, or in general commenting on any views other than your own.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, Greebo. It would sure be nice if the personal attacks would stop, and the unfair negative stereotyping about supporters of any particular party.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    As the political climate has become particularly charged of late, I fear this reminder is necessary.

Government affects all of our lives in many ways - that's unavoidable.

That means it's perfectly acceptable to have a discussion about how various Government actions, policies, etc. are directly impacting us.

What isn't acceptable is to turn this forum into a platform for a particular political viewpoint. Threads or posts that steer away from how Government is affecting your Frugal Lifestyle and become platforms for scoring points, pointing fingers, arguing policy, etc. will not be left open.

I'm not saying you can't express your personal position - if you want to identify as a Liberal Republican or a Conservative Democrat or a Snake Charming Objectivist, that's fine but stop it there. Do not start challenging other people's positions, getting into debates, arguing policy, or in general commenting on any views other than your own.

Thank you.
    Agree wholeheartedly!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree as well. Thanks for posting!