I must have "Sucker" written on my face... I'm so mad ! Long rant ! Updated
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry I must have "Sucker" written on my face... I'm so mad ! Long rant ! Updated

I'm so mad, and maybe I shouldn't be, but I am....... I tried to do a nice thing and again it backfired on me.... I was making some Hershey's Kiss Roses for Valentine's day...... Knowing that Wal*mart does so many things for charity, I offered to make a dozen that they could use in a small quarter raffle in the employee breakroom. I thought they could raise a few $$ for a school that is in need of help..... Well the management liked the roses, they said one of the delivery drivers wanted to buy 2 dozen, these came in decorated bud vases, I said I would make another 2 doz and I wanted $10.00 a dozen for them. They took it upon themselves to start taking orders for them at $6.00 a dozen. They already had orders for 10 dozen when I found out about it...... I was not happy, they agreed to buy some supplies. I took the sign up sheet down and told them that was enough.... They again put the sign up and took orders for a total of 23 dozen. They gave me $12.00 in supplies, I spent over $30.00 ......... I worked every minute I had and got them all done by Feb 10th, (well before Valentine's day) now the holiday has come and gone and there are 11 dozen of them that never where paid for or picked up, and of the 12 dozen that where picked up, only 5 people paid for them and the 2 management members in charge don't know who paid and who didn't ..... I am getting a bonus check for the school from the Corp office because I signed up for the Volunteer bonus, but the roses that cost $47.00 to make and over 40 hours of my own time raised a whopping.............. $30.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to bring the extra flowers home tomorrow(as I feel they are mine ) and I will sell them for Mother's Day and recoup some of the money I spent..... I wouldn't have minded spending the $$ on this if it had raised the $230.00 I wanted it to, or even the $135.00 the managers decided to charge for them..... I feel really taken advantage of....... Maybe I'm am being over sensitive, but I feel like they don't think my personal time is as valuable as theirs and that offends me..... When it was all said and done, she said...... "I just couldn't see selling them for $10.00, that was way too high" Do you agree that the 11 dozen are mine ??????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

yes and can understand why u r so mad..what ding bat manangers u have..some people dont think..boy no good deed goes unpunished

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Let me get this straight. They gave $12 towards them and undercut what you wanted to charge?
    I say you owe them NOTHING! Take your items and do what you want with them. I think it's horrible they took advantage of you. But ya know what..when you have a skill/talent that others don't, many people tend to think your time doesn't mean a thing. Imo, even if it only took 2 minutes to assemble, there isn't some little elf doing it magically. It is your time, your talent, and mostly your money. Their little idea backfired and now they want to make you basically responsible for that? Cripes, no one even kept track of what was what. I feel so bad for you.
    The sad thing is your intention was to sincerely help. Of course the 11 dozen are yours. What could they possibly think? That they own all of them now??

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They thought they would just give them away .......

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I say take your stuff home, it is yours. What are they thinking!

Nealy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

that is horrible!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with the other ladies, they are yours, take them home and sell them for Mother's Day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is really sickening. Giving them away is fine if YOU want to do that, but it's not their choice to say what is done with them. They didn't contribute to them in anyway other than complicating matters and coughing over 12$. You put in over $30 and your time. I dunno. I want to say they don't deserve anything because of how they caused this situation basically, BUT they did put in $12 so maybe give them one set of roses. LMAO
    :: those jerks::

**edited to add, I am kidding here**

I'm so sorry this happened.

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Easter baskets, Mother's day, heck, give them away if you choose, it's your choice, not their's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They are yours, take them home and sell them at mother's day. They shold be ashamed of themselves but it is typical of Wal-Mart managment!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ya want us gals to go take a piece outta them? I'm ready to rumble.
    Big hug to you, what they did to you was unfair and just plain stupid. I say take the roses home and do whatever you would like with them. Sorry your nice idea turned into a big mess.
    Ps. You are not a sucker

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lori, I am so sorry that happened to you!!!!!!!!! I totally agree with Sara those are yours, i think you should get what you want for them. how could they decide what should be charged for them. screw that. Shame on those people who ordered them for not paying too. I think they whole bunch should be ashamed of themselves!!!!!! hang in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree. Those are your roses since YOU spent the money to purchase the supplies needed. They donated some, but not enough to cover the cost and then went behind you and marked the price down. I think that is plain wrong on their part. I am sorry you were taken advantage of. I say take the roses home with you and try to resell them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

go get your roses and use them for mother's day. You are not a sucker, but rather a sincere human being who chooses to do your best to make things better for a few underpriveledged children. We love you here, and appreciate you for the wonderful caring woman you are.To heck with Wal mart they are %$^&4's Don't stop being you tho!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Ladies, I feel better now !!!!!!!!!! I love you all so much !!!!!!!!!! Darlene, I got a giggle when I pictured you boxing their ears back.............. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast