Frugal Village Forums banner

Anyone have a stand up deep freeze?

917 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  BelindaUK 
#1 ·
I seen one the other day at Lowe's and I REALLY want it! it's made by Fridgadaire(SP) a 20.3 cubic feet,and frost free :)
I have the chest type now.There's nothing wrong with it,but it's to small,always full,not frost free and prob 15 years old.

If you have a stand up type,how do you like it? Any pros and cons with these?

#2 ·
We have a stand up type and I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is that there is no light on the inside. Since I work full time, I always take something out the night before and even with the garage light on I still sometimes come out with the wrong stuff.

#4 ·
We have a stand up freezer but it's not a self defrost. But I only defrost it once a year & it defrost very easily. it doesn't take long at all. I can see what I have in it much better than the deep freezer.:paw:

#5 ·
I have both and I much prefer my upright to my chest. You can find things and it is so much easier to put food away in it. My chest freezer tends to end up a big mess, with everything falling to the bottom. My upright is not frostfree but the defrosting is not bad if I do it routinely (I waited way too long this last time and it was big job). We got it for free so I can't complain about the defrosting :D .

Blessings,
Kathy

#6 ·
I have the upright and love it..... So easy to get to things ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.