Back behind the wheel!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey everyone! It's been awhile! Once they reset our passwords, I had trouble logging in and placed FV on the back burner! It's been awhile!

Not much has changed- except I graduated and passed my board exam and I get my first pay raise increased paycheck next Friday!!! (Dance with me people!)

Kiddos are the same, Hubby's work has slowed down a bit like usual but nothing too alarming. He got two deer in the freezer for us this year and I harvested well over 1000lbs of produce from my garden.

As we turn to corner to start the new year I'm getting back on FV with more goals, and motivation to make 2017 the year for "Financial Peace".

Have we started a new grocery budget challenge thread, a new debt reduction thread? Should I start them or is customary for Nikosan to start them?

I missed you guys!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome back, Raiquee! It sounds like 2017 was a banner year with much success for you! Great going!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

congratulations What are you going for again> Senior month?so forgive me

We got my Dmom moved to a senior apt,DD I asked to move in w/ her friends,DH is still working and just took off for N.Carolina/s.C and Georgia this week. He had his ankle surgery and it came out pretty good.

Fantastic about the garden. I got the mega freezer upright and stuffed it silly as well as the cube and top of freezer. Brought in tons of dry goods and still shifting and organizing.
    look forward to seeing you back. hugs

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh. I meant 2016, above. Why can't we edit our posts? I've never figured that out. Sorry for the error.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Congratulations on graduating!! WTG on the garden!

Welcome back! I missed your gardening advice!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome back Raiquee i was on here as piney i remember you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have missed you very much..I also couldn't log on either for months..I could view new posts but that was it..I always looked for your post first..checked your facebook and no updates on either so I had no way to contact you..Anyway, so freaking happy you are okay along with your family!

Congrats on your degree that is such great news to hear.

1000lbs of produce is just mind boggling ..I'm so proud of your ability to do that and work full time...when you can I would love to hear what you grew.

It was a success growing from the vegetables and flowers from seed..I'm amazed at the difference between the growth,color and the overall strong ness of each plant..I have never seen that on any other plants I've bought from nurseries...I didn't succeed in conquering the blight issues with my tomatoe plants again this year as I lost count on how many years..I still got lots of tomatoes but not enough to really put away..we also had a bad drought so I actually lost my bush green beans have always had great success with them year after year..I grew many hot peppers along with herbs they did well so I will continue to grow them from seed..didn't get to save the seed like I wanted to on some of the veggies but 'I have many seeds still left and ordered the rest so I set for next year.

Nice your freezer is stocked with venison..my youngest shot 2 deer also my freezer has a nice stockpile ..I can't stand it nor the smell of it cooking but everybody else loves it and that's all that matters.

Oh, and I canned over 150 jars of meat, jams, pepper jelly, salsas and pie filling the most I've ever canned in 1-year..I still have some more to can this week so I'm proud of myself.'

I made hot sauce also have you ever done that? It was so darn simple and I witness my boys arguing over it..lol..it was a huge hit..

I will join you in any forum you want to start my friend.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW) It was for my bachelors in Medical Laboratory Science. So now I'm doing the same job, but I get paid more money to do it (heck yeah!) and it opens me up for leadership positions if I want them.

SD) Thank you!!

Piney) I remember you too! Thank you!

Pinetree) Thanks for the welcome! Hope to have gardening stuff up when the season starts!

Brenda) I know, I got so busy in the beginning of the year with clinicals, then my final project and finals and then studying for my boards! I managed to keep the garden going but that was about it, and come harvest I was already beat from the beginning of it. I managed to can just under 100 cans myself, of jams, veggies, and some pie filling myself. I could easily do French onion soup before the end of the year to make it over 100, but we will see. I'm so glad to hear your seed veggie plants did well for you! Sometimes it takes a few years to get the hang of growing seedlings, but you seemed to get it really fast!

I grew everything and anything. Winter squash, corn, cucumbers, melons, summer squash, onions (biggest I've grown), celery, carrots, lima beans, peppers, tomatoes, tomatillos, purple hulled pink eyed peas, beets, turnips, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, swiss chard, pole beans.

I think that's it. I fermented my first ever kraut and dill pickles. I want to try doing some hot sauce, what was your recipe Brenda?

I will try and plug in a few pictures later tomorrow night of some garden harvests for you guys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You just amaze me hon..

I had success with growing everything from seed except jalapeño and parsley go figure..you would think that would of been the easier ones.

I need to locate the recipe for you off my laptop..dh bought me a new IPad so all my saved info is on that...but it is very simple just fill a pint or quart jar with chopped cayenne peppers is what was I used with a salt brine which is why 'I need to find the recipe for exact measurements on the brine then fill the jar with the brine put a lose cap on keep it out of sunlight and shake it 3-times a day for 7 to 14 days until the liquid becomes cloudy then drain and save the salt brine..purée the peppers adding the brine a little at a time until you get the consistency you want..I added some apple cider vinegar to up the acidity level and that's it store in fridge.

P.s. you might get mold on top during the fermenting stage it's normal so just scrape it off...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here are some of the photos from last year. I kept up on my instagram.

Back behind the wheel!-13873189_10154271465340330_1585635648413390184_n.jpg
    Back behind the wheel!-13882466_10154271467280330_4971001771056658280_n.jpg
    Garden both sides at the end of July.

Back behind the wheel!-14258211_10154392329245330_7683563340885180070_o.jpg
    Back behind the wheel!-14265044_10154392565370330_9022302043427316547_n.jpg
    Back behind the wheel!-14344142_10154395718600330_827366357720794086_n.jpg

Asst. veggie harvests. We harvested 100 lbs of onions alone, and all the biggest ones I've ever grown!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WOW your garden haul was GREAT!! Welcome back and Congrats on your degree!!
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    From $78K in debt to debt free and purchased a house and used car with 100% cash...God is sooo Good!!!

Goals:
    New to me vehicle