Help dealing with entitled daughter
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Help dealing with entitled daughter

My husband and I invited our daughter, her boyfriend and their newborn daughter to move in with us and save money for a house. We plan to give them help with a down payment. They only pay 300.00 a month. The deal was she would get a part time job and I would babysit one day a week. Her boyfriend told me the other day she doesn’t want to have to work. He does not make enough yet for her to stay home. Not to mention I think it’s wrong of her to expect to be a stay at home mom while living here for next to nothing and not contributing to their savings toward being able to move out and buy a place. In addition she sits around all day with the baby on her phone or watching tv and gets resentful when I ask her to do something. It came to a head this morning and her entitlement is astounding both my husband and I. If we push the issue(which I think we should) they will likely move back to where her boyfriend is from and live with their family. She is so hot headed you can’t get a word in edgewise. My husband and I want to have a conversation with both of them this evening. Her boyfriend is amazing! Hardest worker and best father you could know but he’s afraid to stand up to her. Can you help us start the conversation with them?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ultimately, in any relationship, expectations must be set. Have your talk with them both. Let them know you love them and want the best for them and your grandchild. Praise the boyfriend for being a hard worker.

Then, let them know that your original agreement stands. If they can do better going to his family, it will be out of your hands.
    Kim
    The Lord will provide

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with Kim. Be kind but firm. Set the expectations. That way, everyone is on the same page.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with Kim.....good luck....hope it works out....