hoping to become frugal
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default hoping to become frugal

I have popped in and out of frugal village. Much has happened in my life( as most people have stuff ) I haven't posted in ages ...I have been embarrassed as my frugality has waned more than waxed. I am currently in a debt management program have added most of my credit cards( I have one kohls charge with no balance a care credit card for the vet and a masterdarc with 500$ limit for emergencies til I can set up an emergency fund) Sooooo there is that. My dad passed left me a house in trust as well as money in annuities and IRA>I have gone through a portion in home repair etc. I have a job! I am currently employed as a nanny/housekeeper for a lovely family. I work 5 days for 3 hours a day cleaning preparing meals and sitting for three wonderful boys. The family is very frugal and inspires me to get back on the horse and do right by mself and family. I am an addict with bipolar-schizo-affective disorder and immune disease( Fibro lupus UC etc...)I have overcome so much. Now is the time to live in a way that i overcome the spending, make a commitment to myself and my family. Lost my best friend to cervical cancer my cousin to breats cancer my dad to cirrhosis and cancer: i have been through a lot these past few years. But am holding a job( 2 months! ) I have been out of the hospital 4 months( I was in five times this year every couple months.) Have a new doctor and a renewed effort in my 12 step programs. I am grateful and have so much hope....

Patty

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome back Patty! So sorry to hear of your troubles, but glad you could come join us again. My condolences on the loss of your friends and loved ones.

The road to health and financial wellness is a long bumpy one, but others here are making the same journey.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

back Patty I try an old saying i have heard if at first you don't succeed try again and i have to try a lot of time.Looking forward to reading your posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Patra- Welcome back! I'm glad to hear that you have a new MD since good health is so important. I'm happy that there's a plan to get back on track and your job sounds wonderful! Join us when you can as we love hearing about what everyone is doing!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks !