Please pardon my threads
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Please pardon my threads

I'm a new member here and I was reading about the restriction to replying to conversations until I have created 10 posts of my own. I agree, it seems a little counterintuitive. I kinda feel like replying is where I'm making a contribution to the conversation, and starting conversations is kinda the opposite.

But, I do have things to talk about, so please pardon me in advance. It just feels weird to start a bunch of conversations, but I promise, once I'm cleared to reply, I will do so!

Itsmoore
    When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. -Paulo Coelho

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Itsmoore View Post
    I'm a new member here and I was reading about the restriction to replying to conversations until I have created 10 posts of my own. I agree, it seems a little counterintuitive. I kinda feel like replying is where I'm making a contribution to the conversation, and starting conversations is kinda the opposite.

But, I do have things to talk about, so please pardon me in advance. It just feels weird to start a bunch of conversations, but I promise, once I'm cleared to reply, I will do so!

Itsmoore
    I haven't posted in so long, but am looking forward to reading more posts/comments. I feel this is the year I will make major headway with my goals. Financially and otherwise! Excited to see what you have to say
    Debt repayment

cc#1 -5,465.31
    cc#2 -5,134.00
    House- 86,970.51/51,037.82
    Student Loans- 35,545.84/13,500.00

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Itsmoore ... I just wanted to say "Hi" and to welcome you to Frugal Village!

Scarlett

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Welcome! I wonder why they make you do that? I'm glad they didn't have that restriction when I joined or I would have never stuck around. In all the years I have been a member I have most likely not started 10 threads! Probably why there isn't a lot of new members here.
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Village!!! Just make the other 9 and get it over with it. Agree it's dumb. Can't remember if I had to do that back in the day.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I first joined about 2.5 years ago, there was no limits then. this is a recent(ish) change and yes quite counterproductive to getting new members. I only had 2, maybe 3 posts from back then, and they luckily counted to my 10 now needed. It's a struggle, or was for me, to figure out 10 posts to create so i could converse with the community.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just reported spam from a "new member" who is able to make multiple spam posts. If the requirement was to have 10 replies before making a new post, I think it would eliminate this. Also a limit on links in posts by new members would help. But I guess we are on our own here, no mods around, when the spammers find out, there goes the forum.
    Make America Kind Again.