What are you doing to stretch your food supply? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Kormath View Post
    crescent rolls! one of my favorite dishes is chili dogs in crescent rolls. You can use regular hot dogs, or whatever you want, my favorite is the cheddar sausage dogs. but those are all out in the stores here. Seems the hoarding rotates through the food in my location. Bread stuff went first, then boxed goods were gone for a few weeks, like hamburger helper and that kinda stuff. Then it was meat to go with all that, but that was a week or 2 later lol, hoarding minds aren't the brightest out there huh? Last time i was at the store 2 weeks ago or so all the chips and cracker shelves were empty. Wonder what the hoarders are gonna go for next?

Anyway to make these you take 2 cans of chili, pour them in a 9x13 baking pan, then take the can of crescent rolls and wrap each dog in one and put it on the chili, make sure you don't get the Grands rolls, they won't cook through. I like to make garlic butter and brush it on the rolls, then sprinkle italian season on top of that. Then bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown. Then plate and sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar on them. So yummy and easy to make.

Oh and the chili can be fun for the boys during this quarantine, make sure you're in a different room though lol.

It seems like the hoarders are going through phases here too!
    We are debt free!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    added mashed sweet potatoes to tuna mixture for tuna patties to stretch a can of tuna from 2 patties, to 4. . .

ground up zuchinni or carrots added to meatloaf mixture,

added brown rice to sloppy joe mix to stretch the ground beef, without losing texture or taste.

OMG~it’s so great to see you your name Sunshine! How are you?
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hi all! Fortunately when this started we can a lot of canned soup and canned meat. started buying lots of stretchers like quinoa,rice,noodles and beans to make the meat go further. Started buying from Nuts.com and BakerAuthority.com for flour and yeast-baking supply for bakeries and shipping can be a lot but you could split w/ several people. 50# of flour isnt as much as it seems when your baking bread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have been getting some stuff off Amazon. We have Amazon prime so we don't pay extra for shipping if it is on prime.
    KathyB

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey Brenda -- I only pop on here occassionally these days. My husband is failing fast, working overtime due to COVID, etc. Glad someone here still remembers me LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    Hey Brenda -- I only pop on here occassionally these days. My husband is failing fast, working overtime due to COVID, etc. Glad someone here still remembers me LOL
    I don’t come here often anymore either...I’m so sorry about your hubby you all have been through so much ..I know you are a Register Nurse if my memory is correct? I would never forget you..lol..I remember you posting about your edible landscape, huge gardens and putting and preserving it..I now have been building up my edible/medicinal landscape for 11yrs now...I learned to pressure can, water bath can and dehydrate...Hugs..
    Wife to Keith
    Mom of 3 boys

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123