Somebody messed up big time!UPDATED...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry Somebody messed up big time!UPDATED...

I'm so frustrated and angry. I got a call from the boys Physical Therapy Office saying they had to cancel their Tuesday appointments for next week and to give them a call. I did only to find out that someone there screwed up royally. Apparently the office manager was out sick for 5 weeks and whomever was left in charge didn't do their job. I was told that the boys insurance company will not cover their PT without prior approval. From the time I walked the paperwork down to them (and the office manager was there then) to the next week before they went in for their evaluation and to start therapy, the PT office did not get the preapproval of the insurance company to authorize the treatments! When I took the boys in for their evaluations the PT asked whomever was in charge if they could proceed with the first treatment or did they need to wait because of the kind of insurance we have. The person in charge said it was fine and go ahead and treat them. I was a bit surprised and told them I thought we'd have to wait. The person in charge said everything was taken care of. Now they are telling me it was not and that I may have to pay the whole bill! I called the orthopedic surgeon's office and told them what was going on. Apparently I had done everything right and had all that paperwork I was supposed to do done, but the PT office screwed up. The Orthopedic Surgeon's Office is going to try and get things straightened out for us, but they won't know until at least Tuesday afternoon if we are going to have to pay for everything out of pocket or not now. I'm so ticked!!!!! I explained to the lady at the OS office that I have stress related illnesses and told her what they are and that I was stressing big time. She felt awful for me and was trying to get things done for us by tonight, but with the holiday weekend, lots of people had left from work early. I just can't believe that the PT office screwed up big time and now I may have to pay for their mistake.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry Debbie. I hope they get everything straightened out for you and soon. You have every right to be fumming mad, I know I would be.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel for you. I hate to deal with doctors and insurance companies. In the end it is always the patient that gets screwed! I hope that they get it straight for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

UGH! Insurance companys are just too powerfull over our lives! I feel so bad for the boys, Debbie! I'm praying that the "Insurance" gods leave you alone!

Susie in MN

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm praying all this will be straightened out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh man Debbie! Sorry about this. I hope they get it fixed soon for you guys!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm so sorry to hear you are having these problems Debbie, hope it turns out right for you all!
    Julia

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry this happened - hopefully all will be worked out soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Deep breath and let it go. Betcha everything will be straightened out. Worrying isn't going to make it go one way or the other and will just age you. It'll be OK.
    And yep, I'd want to bop the head of the lady who dropped the ball too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had that same problem, I was getting PT and was doing well, the Physical Therapist either didn't turn in my insurance or someone else screwed up. Now I owe $600 and didn't get to complete the recommended length of therapy.

I know exactly how you feel.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by Darlene
    Deep breath and let it go. Betcha everything will be straightened out. Worrying isn't going to make it go one way or the other and will just age you. It'll be OK.
    And yep, I'd want to bop the head of the lady who dropped the ball too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a different spin on this. When I have to have anything done besides an office visit and lab work, I call the Ins company myself AND read my Insurance certificate to see if what I am having done is covered. It is truly not the responsibility of the Drs office to know if what I am having done is covered by my Insurance. They do it most of the time because they want to know how they are going to get paid.

If you thought you would have to wait for the Insurance company to say they were going to pay, then that is what should have happened. Everyone is quick to blame Insurance companies and Dr offices. I know this is not what anyone wants to hear or read but we do have a responsibility when we are incurring medical expenses.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by frugal4me
    I have a different spin on this. When I have to have anything done besides an office visit and lab work, I call the Ins company myself AND read my Insurance certificate to see if what I am having done is covered. It is truly not the responsibility of the Drs office to know if what I am having done is covered by my Insurance. They do it most of the time because they want to know how they are going to get paid.

If you thought you would have to wait for the Insurance company to say they were going to pay, then that is what should have happened. Everyone is quick to blame Insurance companies and Dr offices. I know this is not what anyone wants to hear or read but we do have a responsibility when we are incurring medical expenses.
    I do understand what you are saying, but the PT and I were both told that things had been approved by the insurance company already and it was ok to proceed by whomever was in charge of the PT office. Therefore they proceeded with treatment. IF we had not been told that, niether the PT or I would have gone ahead with treatment that day. And....they have been being treated for a month now and it's only now that treatment is finished with 1 of them that this is coming to light. So as far as I am concerned, the person that said PT was approved by the insurance company is to blame for this mess and they should be held accountable for it!

I'm trying to take it easy and give it over to God. I don't want to get ill over this and spoil my weekend or my upcoming trip next week to see my parents. There is no way I can make a long drive if I get ill and I will not allow thier stupid mistake to take this away from me and my family.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope this gets straightened up soon Debbie.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hoping things will be resolved quickly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast