"I have no idea" is NOT what I want from Customer Service...
    Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default "I have no idea" is NOT what I want from Customer Service...

Just a little rant here about our local cable company....

We have one of their biggest cable packages, complete with a zillion channels & my Road Runner service.

On Monday, 5 or 6 of our channels just simply disappeared.  When I called about this, the customer service woman just kept saying "that's interesting.... hmmmmm.... I have no idea".  She couldn't tell me where the channels went, why, or if/when they would return.  In fact, a couple of times she mentioned that she really doesn't know much about the "hi-def" cable packages like the one we have.  You'd think she'd have been trained or at least have a manual or something, wouldn't you?!  The only thing she did was put us on the list to have someone come out to the house~ which won't be for another week or so.

Here's why this is such a problem for me~ DD has a bedtime routine that includes watching the Teletubbies and then pretty much going right to sleep.   The tubbies are only on... you guessed it.... one of the channels that disappeared! 

And yes, we have a Teletubbies video..... but I still am mad that the cable company can take away channels, not care, not notify us, and not have any idea what's going on when you call their "customer care" line.

They will continue to hear from me until this gets fixed.   

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those customer service people at the cable company know nothing--not trying to offend anyone--but they really don't. Mike works for a cable company and he said sometimes that stations disappear when they are restructuring the packages, sometimes they change the channel numbers too and that causes problems for a while until it gets into the system, etc. He used a more descriptive term, but me being the non-cable person figured I'd put it into terms that I can understand and spell.

I hope you dd's bedtime routine doesn't get messed up terribly because of this.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Bleh, sounds like Comcast....

I called one time to ask a question and they couldn't help me because the woman I was speaking to was in NIAGRA FALLS, NY!!!!

HELLO I AM IN NEW JERSEY!

Those 800 numbers mean nothing. I have a local office right here about 5 miles from me, but I have to talk to people in New York.

AAAARRGGGHH! Amy, I feel your pain.

I was also told that once the cable company switches to digital, everyone will be forced to switch and I will lose the Disney channel. Hmmph. A dish is sounding nicer to me.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. That is just a subject that irks me.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh man! I hope dd doesn't get too out of whack because of this!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd be really angry too! Sounds like it's time to switch to Satellite! We love ours and they're always running great installation specials. Don't try to install it yourself. It's too hard to aim the dish just right. We have Dish Network. The CSRs have been able to solve any problem we've had. The only down side is it goes out during storms.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry the cable is giving you trouble...Isn't fustrating when we pay for *a service* which is not given properly....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, poor thing! I feel your pain! I despised our cable company when we were in Dallas. Thankfully, the one we're working with in Maine has been good so far.

Right now I"m staying at my Dad's in TX and they have a satellite dish. I don't really like it that much because everytime we get the slightest amount of rain, the silly thing goes out.

Of course, I could solve this dilemma by giving up TV....but nah, that's not going to happen! LOL