where are you guys
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default where are you guys

Where are the guys in the village. Our shed is looking a bit dismal. If you don't like football and would like to tell about some project your working on, or other sport or what kind of beer you like. Anything, lets get the shed up and running.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Jerry,
    You might have to settle for some women that have moments of masculinity. rofl

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Sara Noel

Jerry,
    You might have to settle for some women that have moments of masculinity. rofl

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I'm not male but anything around the property that needs doing I usually do it, so I suppose by default i'm manly

for instance I do the fencing, building sheds, the painting, take care of the animals mow the lawns fix the roof the list goes on.

but one thing I have to do, that I'm really proud of, is talk about 'My Shed'.
    I built my shed about four years ago out of old things lying around and everybody looked at it, and then me, as if I was insane.
    You see I built it out of steel sheeting, wire and steel fencing stakes. Nobody thought it would be still standing after six months.
    A year ago we had a freak storm (Hurricane like) winds got to 180 km an hour. Roads were inpassable and great big professionally built sheds and barns collapsed.
    But my little shed standing in the brunt of the wind didn't even creak afterwards.
    so I suppose that taught my husband and his friends a lesson. You don't have to spend a lot to get a sturdy well made shed

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well girls, I guess it's us. Come on in and I'll buyy you a beer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by pqb57
    Well girls, I guess it's us. Come on in and I'll buyy you a beer.
    I've been waiting for an invite. Got a nice dark beer for me? (I'll drink the reg stuff if I have to, lol.)

What games are you watching today Jerry?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll have a light beer! With a glass please, frosted if you have one!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

One dark German beer for Darlene and a Canadian lager for baxjul; I'll have a Molson Golden. Enjoy ladies.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well,not suppose to have alcohol with the medication I'm on,but we wont tell anyone!

What game are we watching? I can bring chips and dip

btw..dont get me started on Dh's shed! He built it. Now he does good work,we built most of our house but his shed...he painted RED,or it was SUPPOSE to be red it looks HOT PINK!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, I've ripped the lid off my Tooheys new beer and I have some football results.

In the Australian Football League final on Saturday the Sydney Swans beat the West Coast Eagles. I forget the score. Sydney (the city) went nuts. That team hadn't won a grand final since 1933 lol.

In Rugby League, our team, the North Queensland Cowboys beat Sydney Parramatta 29 - 0!!! They'll go on to play Wests Tigers next week in the Grand Final. Wests Tigers are my dad's old team - from the area I grew up in. The Cowboys are in the state I live in now. Not sure yet who I'll barrack for.

Cheers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks pqb57........ Mine be a Carlton Cold if you don't mind. I'll shout you a Bundy later

AAAhhhh I don't want to talk about footy. Storm lost, there were no Victorian teams in the finals and we lost the Ashes
    good win by the Swans though.

How are the Dolphins doing over there pq?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by forestdale
    In Rugby League, our team, the North Queensland Cowboys beat Sydney Parramatta 29 - 0!!! They'll go on to play Wests Tigers next week in the Grand Final.
    The Cowboys are DH's chosen NRL team! He was so excited to give the Eels a good shellacing at the weekend. I'm really looking forward to the grand final especially after everyone thinking it was a dead cert that it would be the Eels v the Dragons. I'll be there with a Bundy for me and a VB for Scott next Sunday (well, Sunday in the UK).

Unsurprisingly my team are the Rabbitohs! I'm still recovering from my excitement last week of seeing Andrew Johns - dream come true!

I speak not of the Ashes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the update forestdale, hope yp\our team does well in the Grand Final. My Buffalo Bills haven't looked too good the last 2 weeks; oh well just drink more beer . Maybe next week we should watch Desperate Housewives instead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ashes! what Ashes?

Britbunny, do you get the games live on cable? Is Johns playing in England this season?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rhonda, yes two NRL games are shown each week over here on satellite (thanks Rupert Murdock, another helpful Aussie!)

Johns came over at the end of the regular NRL season. As the Knights didn't make it to the play-offs (and kept the Rabbitohs off the bottom of the table ) an English Superleague team (Warrington) signed him up for our play-offs. Adrian Morley signed for a short-term deal with Bradford too.

Warrington were knocked out of the competition last weekend, so Johns will be back in Australia for the first games of the tri-nations series against New Zealand. (I have my tickets for the games in the UK, so exciting).

I'm a bit disappointed Warrington didn't make it to the final I thought Reg Regan might have made an appearance- I had my "Bring Back The Biff" t-shirt ready!