Snowbound

Thread: Snowbound

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Snowbound

Well, we are stuck.
    We had half a foot of snow last night and it is still coming down. It is supposed to clear and freeze with more snow Friday.

At least we were warned and we parked our cars at the bottom of the hill by the main road so that we can get out. But we will need to dig our cars out once the snowplows go by.

I've cancelled music lessons.
    Because I can't fathom a 15 minute walk over icey roads with a cello and a violin. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Our home is on the side of a hill and has a steep windy gravel driveway which is impassable in the snow.
    When we have been caught by surprise by the snow and our cars are at the top, we are stuck until the driveway is drivable. Because of the gravel we can't shovel it and the driveway grade is too steep to drive down it. Once we were stuck for a week and we had to get neighbors to pick up supplies for us and then we would use the sled to pull it up our driveway . A Gondola would be very useful!

One Christmas we were snowed in and I have this wonderful image of us taking presents down to the cars on a sled....wish I took pictures.

But hey, the sledding is out of this world!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's the attitude Holly! Here I am with wacky warm weather & your getting hammered with snow. Glad you had the cars down at the bottom. It's amazing what you can put in a sled & haul, I've done it a time or 2 myself. Wishing you some sunny days with milder temps to melt that snow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great attitude.

It's snowing here just a wee bit, however I heard the Dakota's and Minnesota really got hit.

I'm really hoping we get a bunch of snow before Christmas. Winter is my favorite season so the more snow the better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Sorry you're snowed in, that's the pits. I can always think of millions of things that I "need" to do in town when I'm snowed in. Try to enjoy your internment.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want it to snow tomorrow night. I have to work Saturday (as usual), so I want at least a FOOT of this stuff! In reality, it is POURING rain here (the norm for this time of year in northern Oregon ) so, unless it drops ten degrees, we are just going to get WET. Bleah...

Two years ago, we had a big (for here) snow storm and then it iced up. I work for the city and we actually closed that afternoon! Yippee--we got paid to play in the snow! The bad part is, since I live within walking distance, I can walk to work when almost nobody else can get in. Oh wellll...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well our roads were clear yesterday. So I did errands in the morning but the snow began again in the evening. So I woke up to a fresh 4 inches. The roads are white once again. So it will be another snow day for the children......lots of sledding and snowball fights. The cold snap is supposed to break by Sunday so I told the children just to enjoy themselves.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It sounds COSY, Hollyhill

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am glad you got to do some errands before the lastest snowfall. It sounds like a fun weekend of playing in the snow is in store though.