Getting to know each other: What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile Getting to know each other: What did you want to be when you were growing up?

What did you want to be when you were growing up? Is it the profession that you ended up in?

When I was growing up I always wanted to be a teacher. I would have all the neighborhood girls and my sisters seated around the dining table at my house and I would be in front of it with our chalkboard on an easal and I would "teach" them. I even spent evenings making out worksheets for them to do when we played school and when the school gave away books at the end the school year I always took as many as I could carry for our play school over the summer. I did not end up as a teacher, I went into the health care field but I still look back and wish I had became an elementary school teacher.

What about you....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wanted to be a nurse......... I ended up being a Medical Assitant...... Then the State of Cal took my neices away from my sister and if I wanted them I needed to stay home....... because of the mental abuse and neglect they went thru. They were 3 and 6.
    Fern

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Honestly.... I had no clue

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Katybird
    When I was growing up I always wanted to be a teacher. I would have all the neighborhood girls and my sisters seated around the dining table at my house and I would be in front of it with our chalkboard on an easal and I would "teach" them. I even spent evenings making out worksheets for them to do when we played school and when the school gave away books at the end the school year I always took as many as I could carry for our play school over the summer. I did not end up as a teacher, I went into the health care field
    Wow.... I could have written that myself! I, too, wanted to be a teacher when I was little and I was always the teacher for my little sister (only had one then, lol) and friends. My dad was a principal, so he supplied us with plenty of textbooks (samples he got free). I planned to be an art teacher.

When I got into high school, I had an awesome art teacher who told me about Art Therapy. I looked into it, loved it, and majored in it in college instead of education.

Now, I'm the Activity Director in a nursing home... which is sort of related to me degree. I don't regret my decision at all.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didn't have a clue either, LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Always wanted to be a singer, until I got an audition at Julliard and was too chicken to go through with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was another one who wanted to be a teacher. I also enjoyed playing school and "teaching" all of the neighborhood kids. I will be starting college soon and have decided to go with my dream and be an elementry school teacher, although it was a tough decision between that or nursing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I never could decide, first a nurse, then a lawyer, then a doctor, most recently a teacher. I am a production supervisor, so go figure..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Teacher, here, too. I used to play school all the time. Even by myself. My stuffed animals and dolls were very smart. I wanted to be that and be a Mother. I did end up with doing the Mother part. Which I dearly love. However, I became a cosmetologist which is a far cry from a school teacher. I like my job, but I do wish I had become a teacher.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went through the usual round of "girl" stuff (mom, nurse, mortician, etc...). Right now I'm a mom. I'm back in school and can't seem to decide what I want to be when I grow up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I was little I went through a phase of wanting to be a cow with their big pretty eyes

babs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bevjean
    can't seem to decide what I want to be when I grow up.

Still trying to figure it all out

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Another teacher wannabe here. By the time I finally started college though, I had changed my mind to business. Then I flip flopped again and started nursing school. I found out that nursing was totally not for me, and happened upon medical transcription. I've been a transcriptionist for the last 2 years from my home, and I absolutely love it. It's definitely my calling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I mostly just wanted to be a Mom but there were days when I thought about being a teacher too!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by babetteq
    When I was little I went through a phase of wanting to be a cow with their big pretty eyes

babs
    LOL Babette

I wanted to be a nurse, SAFWM (stay at home farmer's wife/mom)
    I came close, I am a SAHM and I live int he country, just not on a farm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast