kids came back Sunday(kinda long)
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry kids came back Sunday(kinda long)

Well the kids had a so -so time at their granparents(hubbys). MIL usually gives oldest the why not be like so- and so favourite grandchild , and hubbys brothers imature as they are like to pick at my kids, torment i belive. They want to razzle oldest 13 son and see if he'll spill the beans on what hubby and me do in our lifes(nosey bunch). These are the ones that dont bother with us, no skin off my nose. lol

I wanted them to go ther to spend quality time with grandparents, not be picked on, and left there so they ran the roads. The o,der she gets , the nore meaner she gets.
    Just wish they would leave kids alone. And MIL was still peed off that hubby made her drive them home, instead of picking them, too bad 2 times ayear taking them , doesnt make her super grandmother of the year. lol

She went to bingo at the fair three times but wouldnt take the kids, had the gall to tell me on the way out the door Sunday, that she was home all the weekned(she was soooking). I told her too bad,(my 2 cents worth) one weekend ayear wont kill you Irene to take them, I had great time , me and hubby were never home. Made the best of it while kids were gone. Visted friends, went to dollar store, went to yuk yuk club saturday, it want too bad .
    wont kiss her's lol
    Oh well, kids wont see them till maybe Christmas, and thats fine with me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, the only thing taht was good out of this as that oldest gone like brand new clothes from Godfather left last week for him when he was home.

7 dress shirts(long and short sleeves)
    5 long sleeve sweaters.
    2 hooded sweaters
    7 t shirts

almost everyone of them is brand name, he was cleanin g out his closet, him and his partner have been losing weight, so they gave all the clothes to my oldest. Im so Glad, I already had clothes but now i dont need any till the next 2 years , starts at Medium mens to large mens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well, it's nice to get the new clothes.
    So sorry your kids had a rotten time. I don't get it. Why some grandparents are so nice and want to spend time with the kids and some are just a real pain about it. What a shame.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That's too bad. My grandparents on my Mom's side (my dad's side were a little sketchy) were always so happy to see us -- still are! Oh well, you don't want that kind of negativity to influence your kids, honey. I wouldn't worry myself about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I fund the last 2 days oldest is moody, Im trying to make to make him feel better about himself. Of course Im getting the crappy part, the talk back, but Im ignring some of it, beacuse I know its the hurt because of grandma. Ill do lots with him this week, and try to bring self esteem back up. If its nice weree going to beach saturday, that will make his day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My inlaws are kind of like yours. Our kids are their only grandchildren as my husband is their only child. We donīt meet very often altough they live in the same city.

This summer my kids went to sail with them for a couple of days. When they came home they told that mummo and pappa (grandparents) were very critical about everything they said or did. They had also told the kids that when their dad was little, he was such a nice boy and now he is just fat and good for nothing. My daugter told me that she was so sad to hear them talk like that about her dad.

The inlaws have always been very good about giving gifts and buying clothes to our kids, but otherwise they are horrible grandparents. They never ask about the kids when they are ill, they never ask about school or anything that goes on in their life. And when the kids try to tell them something, they donīt listen to them.

When I told them about my cancer, all my FIL said was:"Itīs not our fault, people get sick and I donīt know about my own health either." He is very healthy. Well , I was 32, had too young children and was very scared and this is all he said. It was seven years ago and two years ago the cancer spread and I had to retire from my job. I have to have treatments for the rest of my life. The inlaws have never, not once, asked about my illness or how I am doing. They just donīt care.

I have tried my best to include them in our life. I come from a family that is very close, so I donīt understand this kind of behavior. My husband doesnīt really care about his parents at all. I donīt blame him but it makes me sad.
    I have a good husband and great kids and I donīt know why my inlaws donīt get it. Well, itīs their loss.

iida

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am really lucky. My girls spend 3 weeks with each set of grandparents every summer. 3 weeks in Arkansas with my folks and 3 weeks up north at the cottage with my ex inlaws. Both sets of grandparents are wonderful people and delight in spoiling the kids rotten (they are little hooligans when they return!) I am so sorry that your kids have a different situation with their grandparents. I think if it were me, I would not be letting my kids go visit without me, so that I was there to keep them from being treated badly. After this experience, I would say you definitely have grounds to do that next summer.

Hugs!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's so sad! I am so sorry to hear how badly your kids were treated. I was very lucky to have two wonderful grandmothers and a wonderful grandfather. I agree with Karen, maybe you shouldn't allow them to visit anymore without supervision.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Im tired of my hubby having no backbone. He sometimes acts like amommys boy. He doesnt waant to hurt her feelings. Well waht about my kida or mine when she wants to make stupid comments. All he said when the kids told him about what was happeing was, dont worry youll not see them for along time.
    HuH? I told him, if u told them what u think, had that back bone years ago, me and the kids wouldnt have to deal with this. Ignoring the problem doesnt make it go away. And hes not that christian when he doesnt like someone. So he cant give me that crap, turn the other cheek.
    Im going to have to is right, either she grows up and he talks to her next time she comes or they aint going. I dont want to see my babies have more problems in their life, life is hard enough!!!!