September 11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 11

Registered User northernmom2boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default September 11

Do you remember what you were doing when the tragedy happened?I was feeding my then 7 month old,watching the news and chatting with a friend from Florida who was at work and I was filling her in on the events.
    All those families are in my thoughts today.God bless them all

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was sitting in 10th grade english. My teacher turned on CNN and we watched the 2nd plane hit then the towers fall. It was just horrible.

That day, DH (then DB) told me he was going to enlist. 3 years later he did. Today he is in Iraq, where I'm sure all of them remember why they are over there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was at home. I didn't have the TV on so I had no idea what was going on. DS#2 was away at college, he called me and told me about it. I was in a panic, DH has many friends and business associates in Manhattan. Thank God they were all OK. We were glued to the TV in shock for days.

I think that day showed what the American people are really like regardless of political association. We sure stuck together and were there for others when they needed it most.

God bless all who were lost and thier families.

God bless all the police, firefighters and volunteers who went into danger to help others.

God bless all the servicemen and women who protect our country.

My flag still flys proudly!
    Last edited by marym; 09-11-2006 at 11:04 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i was sitting in the living room watching tv when the interupted the tv shows & said that the trade center had been bombed, i was stunned!!!! my prayers are with everyone today!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was at work and watched the second plane hit...i remember thinking those poor people..that quickly changed when I heard there might be bombs in my childrens school..thank god it wasnt true..When I got home from work and turned on the TV to watch what had progressed all I could do was cry and cry..my kids arent use to seeing me cry and it upset them so I turned the tv off...I will never forget that day..God bless those family's who lost their loved ones...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was driving to work in Denver.. didn't find out about it until I got to work and saw the 2nd plane hit on the tv at work

God Bless everyone involved on that fateful day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was online e-mailing ultrasound pictures of my daughter, Isabel (due in Dec. of that year.) When I saw the first picture on yahoo & headline I honestly thought it was talking about a movie or video game or something. I had Philip turn on the news and found out that it was truly happening. What a horrible, horrible day!

God Bless America & our especially all our wonderful men and women in uniform!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was in the hospital, having just had my youngest the day before. Dh walked in just after it came on the news. We watched the second plane hit live. Watched the towers fall live. It was awful.

Dh was active duty army, but on leave because of the birth of our son. Otherwise he would have been in lockdown on post with me 9+ months pregnant off post w/ three small children and no one to help.

Prayers for those lost and those left behind.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was at work my boss was in Australia traveling he checked in with me from his hotel room and as we were talking the first plane hit the tower so I found out about it from a world away (almost) it was like time stood still he said the US was under attack it was very scary. After I hung up I tried to reach my brother and his wife who both worked in and around the city the phone lines were all tied up so I tried e-mail thank god my sister in-law sent me a reply very quickly letting me know she was ok and was able to reach my bother who at the time was just outside the city he could see the smoke rising from where he was on the road! Something I will never forget!

My prayers go out the family and friends who lost someone!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was getting ready to take my youngest son to school and we had the tv on. I had 3 children on active duty army at that time. I cryed for days. My neice lost a friend in the pentagon..... I still get emontional because of it.
    Fern

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just got to Walmart to do do my grocery shopping. They put it on the tv's there & we all just wandered around in a daze talking to each other and getting what we needed and just wanted to get home.

The one thing that will always be with me, the only "good" thing that came from this awful tragedy was how for once in my lifetime I saw & felt Americans & others all come together. People were kinder, compassionate and giving for days & weeks on end. Didn't matter what color/religion etc. you were, we were one.
    Remembering and not forgetting here in Upstate NY. My deepest thanks to those who have and are serving, their families all doing what they can to to keep us free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was at work and saw the events on a television in the conference room. Dh is usually out of town working but thank God he was on his way home that day and had just entered the city. He came straight to my job and picked me up.

Dh's mom lives blocks from the Pentagon and she saw the plane heading towards the Pentagon. She had had a stroke several years before and was in a wheelchair. She said as the plane was going over her house it was so low and the sound so loud that the trees were shaking and the house and ground were rumbling. Then she heard a loud crash. Imagine being in a wheelchair and not being able to move at a time like that.

My sister and daughter were both in the DC area at the time and it was hard getting hold of them. One of my best friends worked at the Pentagon but was out that day having minor surgery.

This was also scary for me because my job at the time, required me to travel by plane constantly. I did this for years. Sometimes I would have to fly to three different cities in a week. I could have easily been on one of those planes. At the time, my assignment was local.

My heart also goes out to the friends and family of the victims.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was at home getting the kids ready for school.. They were watching "Barney" (they were in 2nd and Kindergarten), when my sister called and said "Have you seen the news yet? If not turn it on the World Trade Center has been bombed." I turned on the news just in time to see the the first one fall... I can still remember the kids faces... All I could do is tell them we were ok and that they needed to still go to school.. All they could grasp was that there were people in there and the building was gone.. Once they were gone, I was glued to the tv, and cried for a long time.. I knew no one there, but I felt that they were my family. Kind of strange how that works. I still fly my flag every September 11th in honor of all those not here... Prayers being sent to all those who lost loved ones on this day five years ago...
    Bonnie mom to

DD Roari 23 who now has her Masters in Social Work!
    DS Craig 21 who is now looking for a good paying job
    DS Jared 20 who is now also looking for the allusive job
    DD Valory 14 who is now a freshman

Lord help me, I have 1 teenagers THREE ADULT KIDS !!!

Married to Lyndell for 24 years.

Avatar courtesy of me... Iris' I planted in my front yard a few years ago...[/FONT]

2014 Goals
    Cut down on all unnecessary things.
    Free is best.
    Get the garage completely cleaned out.
    Make the yards nice-weed, mow, plant, flowerbeds,etc.
    Stay home more/eat out less if at all.
    FIND A NEW JOB!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was working 3rd shift at the time, and I had just gotten home. DH (then DB) called and told me to turn on the news right around the time that the second plane hit.

Before 9/11 I used to think about how everyone in my parent's generation remembers what they were doing when JFK was shot and how people my grandparents age remember what they were doing when Pearl Harbor happened. I honestly thought that for my generation that defining moment would be when Princess Diana died. I was so completely wrong.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was sleeping. I had worked 3rd shift that night at the hotel I was working at. I got up and was trying to call my mom who was in the hospital from just having colon cancer surgery and I couldn't get thru to the hospital it kepts telling me all curcuits are over loaded so I turned on the tv and saw it. I don't know what made me get up but something kept nagging at me that I needed to check on my mom something was wrong (well nothing was wrong with her but something was wrong)

I couldn't believe what happened I went up and told my dh (who always worked 3rd)

It was so sad. I felt so bad for all those people and all the people that lost loved ones. It is a scary thing to go thru.

My prayers are with them now and always. I also pray for everyone who is over in Iraq and other areas that they be safe and return home to there loved ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast