I have a confession to make..(kinda long story)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default I have a confession to make..(kinda long story)

I was thinking about my oldest son and how I was unable to get him the Christmas present he wanted..I'm talking about the Nintendo Wii System just in case you didn't know..Well as most of you know,he was a good sport about it when I told him I couldn't get it..that was 3 days ago..Today I was cleaning the living room and noticed that his computer screen had the Wii system and how you enter your email addy for a chance to win..he wasn't even around when I seen this..So I went and told my Dh what a sweet kid we have and what I seen on his computer and how our son tried to coverup his true feelings for this system..As a mutual agreement we decided to just break down and buy one from Ebay.. (now mind you these are soldout everywhere and every store I called said that they didn't expect to get any till way after the new year)I spent hours looking for the best price and any extras I could get ..we ended up spending $550.00 for the system w/2 controllers ( I had already bought 3 different controllers, 2 gloves for the remotes and 2 games that I had already wrapped a couple of weeks ago before JCpenny cancelled my order)....I have to say that even though we could of waited a month or 2 and saved that extra money..I'm so excited that my son who still thinks he won't be getting it will be a very happy kid as well as the rest of my family since we all can play..Even I can't wait to play it and thats not me at all..I just like to watch..LOL..

Registered User northernmom2boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

AWWWW thats so sweet.I bet the look on his face will be priceless.I think that is money well spent

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To be honest I would have probably done the same thing. I know he will be so excited and you will be just as excited for him come Christmas morning.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's ok no need to confess. I think you are wonderful for doing this for him.
    Happy Holidays

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh thank you...I knew you guy's would understand..I'm really trying to not be upset at spending that much money..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You did a wonderful thing and he will be sooo happy, God Bless.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

To be honest with you, not only would I have done the exact same thing...but I feel you did the right thing. I read your posts about how you were looking for one and about what a wonderful sport he was when you told him he couldn't get one for Christmas. He's a good kid with a great attitude. He deserves it!
    Have the camera ready and take pic's of when he opens that present. The look on his face will be priceless!
    You're a good Mom (and Dad). No need to confess. Us frugal folks cut back in some areas so we can splurge in others.
    Happy Holidays to you!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I know it's a lot of money, but we are having so much fun with ours. I don't think you'll regret it. Gabe is at this very minute playing fishing on the wii, and we all play the sports together as a family. It's really a lot of fun and I think your son will appreciate it even more knowing how hard you worked to get this for him.

Typically, I find it nuts to get the hot toy for kids, but let me say that getting the wii was fun for us and we're really enjoying it.

I made a comment in my blog and feel bad I said it. I mentioned TMX Elmo and how could anyone pay what some are paying. I should have worded it better and been a little more openminded about it. It's just I saw Butterscotch Pony going for $800 and thought holy horse!

I passed on Lincoln Logs this year AGAIN though. I just can't get over the cost of those darn things. lol I swear they must be made of gold. Amazon had those bad boys listed at $80. Geesh!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your son is going to be so surprised on Christmas morning!! Honestly, I would have done the same thing. I am one who tends to spoil my children, eventhough I know I shouldn't.

I hope you take lots of pictures of the "surprise."

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know exactly how you feel. I hope I will receive the one that I bought on ebay on Thanksgiving morning.....for my dd who is a surgical nurse and loves nintendo to de-stress. I paid for mine with pay pal but I have not gotten it yet.....Yikes I am really STRESSED out!!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it was probably the best decision. I know I would have done it. My DDs are very understanding, too, and don't pester me for things. I wish we could all be there to see his face when he sees it! And just think, because you have been being frugal...you were able to do this for him!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

awsome Brenda67. my grandson wanted one so bad, had to tell him none to be had so we bought him an xbox 360 i think you still got buy cheaper when you think of all the games and stuff for an xbox 360. really you have done greaaaaaat.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a 15 year old boy and I would have done the same thing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You all know how to make someones day..My fellas found out last year there is no santa (A sad day for me)..most likely they have known for awhile with the exception of my little one who was 8 at the time kept questioning me cause kids on the bus were telling him that Santa wasn't real..but my older fellas supposably sp? never said anything to him??? So they all know pretty much what they are getting this year..I do have some stuff that they don't know about..at least I hope they don't?.?. they are snoopers..LOL..Since my oldest said he would be happy with a few computer games (thinking that he wouldn't get the wii)I'm gonna buy 1 of the games anyway(I had already bought one computer game)..let him open them then bring out the Wii w/all the other stuff I got for it after all the gifts are open..They all will be suprised..My Dh will have the camcorder recording it all....I'm so excited....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That was such a sweet thing to do for your son. He has a wonderful mother and you have a wonderful son. Be sure and take pictures Christmas morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast