Need advice please
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Need advice please

I have a situation that I've never had to deal with before. First both DH and Momma waited until last week to give me any hints about what they wanted for Christmas. Both of them darn near licked the pictures off the Swiss Colony catalog, so I placed the order this morning (finally had money to) I couldn't afford the expedited delivery, so had to go with standard. The problem is they cannot guarantee delivery by Christmas without the extra charges (which I can't afford)

I have never mail-ordered any Christmas presents before, so what on earth do I do if the gifts don't get here in time? How to let them know they will still be getting something later?

I got DH a subscription to Playboy this year, so I bought a single copy that I'm going to wrap up with a note telling him he's getting a subscription. I'm giving Momma another gift so she's have at least something to open Christmas morning. But what can I do about the Swiss Colony stuff?

FrugalWitch

(PS) Are Swiss Colony food items actually good? I've never bought from them or tasted any of their products before. I don't buy or make "junk" foods so Momma and DH just went crazy over the catalog.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe you should take the picture out of the catalog of what you ordered and wrap it up pretty. Then when they open it you can tell them when it will be there and they will have something to look forward to after Christmas.

You're kidding about the Playboy sub. right?!! ha!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There was one Christmas where my mom ordered me something that didn't arrive in time, and she just got a card and put it in the tree, so I could open it on Christmas. She either used a picture of the item or a copy of her order confirmation, I can't remember which. I can't even remember what the item was!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did this one year when I ordered a set of sport tickets for DH that hadn't arrived in time to put in an envelope. I printed a photo of the team logo and a seating chart of the arena, and drew a big arrow and wrote in the words "You will be sitting here on xx date to watch team A play against team B. Merry Christmas!"

I think putting a photo of the gift inside of the card will be a great idea. You could even get a cheap picture frame from the dollar store and frame the photo, and wrap that up for them to open on Christmas. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfriend View Post
    Maybe you should take the picture out of the catalog of what you ordered and wrap it up pretty. Then when they open it you can tell them when it will be there and they will have something to look forward to after Christmas.
    I've actually have someone give me a big, nicely wrapped box & inside was a picture of what I was getting. It was nice to get the gift after Christmas when I actually had time to enjoy it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Like others said just a note or a portion of the catalog in a nice big box they have to search thu will make them happy & anticipating the stuff they were drooling over.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i love swiss colony. and i agree with the others a picture is a good idea. good luck and hope you enjoy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks everyone, picture wrapped up it will be!