Anyone else a "victim" of the TJX personal information leak?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anyone else a "victim" of the TJX personal information leak?

I don't know if this affects any other part of the country but here in the Northeast it definitely is. Basically if you shopped at any of their stores: TJMaxx, Marshall's, HomeGoods,etc...between May 2006-Dec.2006 your personal information-debit card, credit card, may have been compromised. TJX had a major security breach.My bank called me the other night to let me know that they deactivated my debit card and issued me a new one. At least they, my bank, are being pro-active. TJX's response-"No comment" How does such a huge corporation not have better protection against computer hackers? This is a big question being raised now. Luckily my account seems fine, but there have been reports that some have not been as lucky. Yeesh!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's unfortunate. Glad you don't seem to have been affected. To me it's just another reason to use cash. Kind of hard to steal an identity if you remain anonymous, so to speak. KNIM?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hadn't heard about this! We have a TJMaxx though I haven't shopped there in awhile but still, you hate to hear about things like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

ama
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've shopped there -- YIKES!! With my debit card so I'm assuming I'm in that violated bunch. Has there been any news since?? Im not quite sure what to do???

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just got a letter from my bank about this today. I had shopped at TJMaxx during that time period, and I did use my debit card, but apparently I was one of the lucky ones and my card info was not leaked. Sorry you have to deal with this!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I got a letter from by bank this week about my debit card being compromised. The letter did not mention what had happened, but when I called to cancel the card the bank clerk told me Marshall's & TJMaxx. I had shopped at TJMaxx (the one & only time I have bought anything there) in December 2006. I don't even think we have Marshall's in central Texas anymore.

I appreciate my bank notifying me about it, but it sure is a pain being without my debit card... The letter states it takes 10-14 days for a new card plus you have to wait for the PIN # in a separate letter.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

that stinks I'm sorry you guys have to deal with this -

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Couple of things from the banking perspective:

1. Even if your bank hasn't notified you of an account compromise, monitor your account! Why? The processors of all checks/deposits are human and errors are made. We had a couple come in and they had realized that a check had cleared their account that they didn't write! Monitor your accounts! Most banks offer online banking free, so monitor the accounts! (Just be careful pulling the images of the checks, some banks charge for those!)

2. Our bank has been notified of the TJMaxx leak, we've been advised to just have our customers be diligient on their accounts. Our security advisor said it looks like only our credit card customers have been affected.

3. This isn't about the leak, just an f.y.i. If you get your debit card and your pin has not arrived, go ahead and activate it and just swipe it as credit. It'll still take the amount out of your account, but you won't have to use your pin.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I hope not. I purchased a pair of tenny shoes last November. I hope that my confidential info has not leaked out.