Why do some people constantly gossip about other people?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Why do some people constantly gossip about other people?

Why do some people feel like they need to gossip about someone else's choices they make in life or "bad" habits or addictions. Or they may gossip about how they act, or what someone said or did. What the purpose of mindless talking about someone or a group of people? Do you feel like gossip is somewhat like judging others?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, I do, and I don't believe in taking part of it. I think that it just shows insecurity in yourself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree, I think those who gossip have insecurity issues, maybe their way of trying to fit in. Although, I am sure, we have all been guilty of it at some time or another. Most of my close friends have been male for this reason, I don't like to gossip or shop! lol
    It's easy to get caught up in a juicy conversation though, I think we could all be a bit more selective with our tongues.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

some just have low self a steem others i find its just boredom and they cant seem to get out of it , they need to fit in like my outlaws lol
    I hate it, and dont like talking about things Im not sure about.
    My outlaws wont change their nosey attitudes, and busey big mouths either. When me and hubby moved away from my family and his, best thing I ever did.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think people gossip because they want to be center or attention, have insecurities themself and very low self esteem.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think people gossip to make themselves feel better. If they can find fault in others they think they look better

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sometimes I wonder if it is a learned behavior that is all they know how to do. A nasty habit they don't realize how damaging it is with no knowledge of how to break it. Speaking for myself, for the longest time I didn't know what to talk about beyond the weather.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Negative people attract negative people

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCountryGirl View Post
    Why do some people feel like they need to gossip about someone else's choices they make in life or "bad" habits or addictions. Or they may gossip about how they act, or what someone said or did. What the purpose of mindless talking about someone or a group of people? Do you feel like gossip is somewhat like judging others?
    Because its so much easier to pick at someone else (usually behind their back) than to change yourself to become a better person. If I'm busy focusing on you, then I don't have to look at myself and my shortcomings.

(not necessarily ME, its just easier to speak in the first person)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do agree with the other posts! I think some people just do it without even thinking or don't realize what they're saying. Maybe they're trying to fit in (lack of self confidence, etc.) who knows. And some just enjoy being mean. In my opinion gossip is a trap! Sometimes I won't get involved because I know someone will be gossiping & I don't want to get sucked in! It can be very hard to avoid all gossip like Mumzy said what is safe subject except the weather. Great thread!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do agree with the other posts! I think some people just do it without even thinking or don't realize what they're saying. Maybe they're trying to fit in (lack of self confidence, etc.) who knows. And some just enjoy being mean. In my opinion gossip is a trap! Sometimes I won't get involved because I know someone will be gossiping & I don't want to get sucked in! It can be very hard to avoid all gossip like Mumzy said what is safe subject except the weather. Great thread!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not sure what is worse, outright gossip or sly judgemental attitudes disguised to "fly under the radar". Both irk me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I believe that people talk trash about other people because they not only have far too much time on their hands but they themselves are unhappy people. JMHO.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by starsapphire View Post
    Because its so much easier to pick at someone else (usually behind their back) than to change yourself to become a better person. If I'm busy focusing on you, then I don't have to look at myself and my shortcomings.

(not necessarily ME, its just easier to speak in the first person)

Wish I wasn't, but I'm guilty, which is why Matthew 7:3-5 is highlighted in my Bible.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do it all the time.

But it's always premeditated and usually to get a reaction. The jocular in nature type.

The only time I do real gossiping is to my husband and my sisters-- we're having issues with all of our ex's and it helps to let some of the steam out if we can gossip/vent to each other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast