Here comes Number 17... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We do not make enough to provide for a family that size .....I would've liked to have been able to have more than two though.....I do wonder if the younger of my two brothers is headed that way though.....they have 4, no debt, he's career military, are still plenty young, and he keeps talking about wanting "at least a baker's dozen" so I guess I could always borrow some extras.....then they can be returned when they're "on the fritz"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have 4 kids, and my stomach muscles are shot, with my 4th child my stomach muscles tore, and they sag into a roll now that I was told exercise can't fix, I would need some plastic surgery. So really it makes me wonder how her body is doing after so many pregnancies. I can also say after watching the shows about this family, I wonder how the kids would do away from the family unit, they seem to be rather sheltered from the real world with school and church all happening at home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by justpeachy92 View Post
    I can also say after watching the shows about this family, I wonder how the kids would do away from the family unit, they seem to be rather sheltered from the real world with school and church all happening at home.
    My roommates and I just watched that Kids by the Dozen show on TLC that apparently featured the Duggars once (didn't see that one) and showed a family of 13 the night we watched and I thought the same thing about them (the Jeubs).

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyhandi View Post
    Remember he was a Senator or Congressman and will get a hugh pension for the rest of his life.
    Also you can bet the TV is paying big bucks to air the stories.
    Actually, he was just a state senator, not a US senator so I'm not sure that provides much pension. I think he works in real estate. I also think they got their new house furnished by being willing to be on the TLC show. Sort of a trade.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know I am going to get brow beaten on this one but....I think it is absurd.I honestly believe that when these children are older that they will not have large families. I hope they do a story like a followup several years down the road on the children...just curious to see if they end up with just one child. Could you imagine 17 children in your home...do they vacation or anything?? If someone wants a ridiculously large family, why not quit breeding after 6 of your own..and adopt some children? I think it is sad.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am not suprised to hear this.....boy her uterus is gonna fall out when she gets old

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I find them to be an interesting family. I always enjoy watching the programs about them .

Registered User northernmom2boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

After two my boobs are almost on the floor,I cant imagibe 17,I would be rolling them up lololol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Without elaborating, I will just say "gag".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

As long as she keeps having babies, they will keep making TV specials about this family. I guess you could call it "job security".

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Buckeye--you're not going to be brow beaten by me. I think we've had this discussion somewhere on here before. I, too, think it's kind of absurd. Do you think the oldest one is mortified by this point or do you think that he doesn't know any different?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't help but think that having 17 children is selfish. I watch the specials of them and the older children are parents to the younger ones. I find this to be unfair. I see nothing wrong with older siblings helping a younger child put on shoes or making a younger child a sandwich when they are making one for themselves but the older children in the Duggar house are clearly bringing up their assigned child. Any mother who was fully mothering 17 children would not be as happy as Mrs. Duggar unless megadoses of Prozac were in their pocketbook.

My mother had 4 kids in 5 1/2 years and there were days she was pulling her hair out of her head. There were 3 of us in diapers at the same time. She said when she changed one and washed her hands she had about 10 minutes and there was another one to change. My mother cooked from scratch and our house was always clean. I can't help but think my mother deserves more praise than Mrs. Duggar.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I really don't understand why this family is so controversial. Don't watch them on tv if you don't want to. I don't because I don't watch tv. The fact that they exist and have a dozen plus kids does not bother me. Seventeen kids is definitely too many for me and my husband but it is obviously not for them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If there having kids without any social assistance. Id say great for them.
    The good thing about then having such a large family, there really close and very christian. I have 2 boys and I bet her kids aren't spoiled rotten and well behaved individuals. I appluade her, my body couldn't do it. I almost lost my two during pregnancy too many times.
    I would like to see then when there grown up and what there going to become and how many kids theyll have. It would be interesting

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I could be pregnant a hundred times. I really enjoyed it. My body however didn't. In fact during the last c/s my doc said my chest pains were a "mild" cardiac "infarction". Mild my butt...uh-oh headed on a tangent...where was I? I am happy with our three. But if i could I would have had loved the option to have more. (there are days though where i ride the other side of that fence). I don't think I have the ability to keep up with 17 kiddos, although the older ones probably help with the youngers, and I am sure by now they have a routine that helps. My tupperware lady is one of 20. same two parents. under the same roof all the kids lives. didn't move till the kids were older. I don't know how many twins there were. But the mom and dad are still around enjoying the grands and getting the last few children through college graduation. She's well adjusted (my t-ware ladY) I love her to pieces.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast