Here comes Number 17... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband comes from a family of 16 children. He says it was the older kids basically taking care of the younger ones. His parents share cropped and they all had to work whether it being in the fields or in the home.

I watched the special on the Duggar family and it was sad to hear the young girls saying they want to become mothers and housewives and have many children........ there is nothing wrong with that but I think they are missing out on amazing opportunities that are available for young women today.

I personally would not have that many children but as long as it works for them I see nothing wrong with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by cebsme View Post
    It all kind of evens out i think in the end.
    It doesn't all even out in the end. If it did, the world population wouldn't have just reached 6.5 billion. Yes, the rate of increase has slowed, and yes, a few (very few) countries have populations that are holding steady or even slowly decreasing, but overpopulation and sustainability remain very real problems.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thats why i said I think. Its my opinion that it all evens out in the end.The end is not here yet. Im not going to judge someone elses choices on how big of a family they choose to have or how the raise their children (short of hurting them of course). I dont think its my place to judge anyone elses choices without reason or just cause. Let them be happy and have their family I say.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User PennyPinchinPam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow!! I'm not surprised to hear this. I always got the feeling that the "perfect family" was portrayed on film but that maybe it's not like that IRL.

My uterus gave up after my 2nd was born.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love the shows on the Duggars- I always joke with SO- "That is us in our next life". I always wanted a huge family. I hope they have another show come out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can watch their shows over and over. They are great. I always tell people I wish I had enough boys to make my own football or baseball team. I would be in heaven if I had a house full of boys with a girl or two thrown in for hormonal balance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by SSGWilkesWife View Post
    I watched the special on the Duggar family and it was sad to hear the young girls saying they want to become mothers and housewives and have many children........ there is nothing wrong with that but I think they are missing out on amazing opportunities that are available for young women today.

with all respect...they're only "missing out" if they *choose* to do something other than being a wife and a mother....and they're prevented form doing so.

I *choose* to be a wife & mother, and I don't feel like I've missed out one bit. Sounds like that's just what those girls *want* to do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

oh wow! I don't think I could do it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Frugalwanttobe---You sound just like my family. My parents had four of us before they had been married four years five months... She about tore her hair out too..... She too had a clean house, and cooked most everything from scratch.. She is my hero... I still miss her (she has been gone for almost 10 years now)......

For the Duggars----Good luck.... Four is plenty for me... At times too much.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Buckeye- I don't think your posts are at all irritating, I just don't think world hunger has anything to do with the Duggars or anyone else for that matter having 17 children. Can you agree that the earth was made to produce enough food, that maybe greedy governments who misuse funds and other resources is the problem? Did you know that the United Nations reported 3 of the worlds richest PEOPLE, have more money combined then 48 of the poorest NATIONS! United Nations also report that we do as a world have enough resources to feed everybody but its just not being done.
    As for the problem of trash and a dirty earth. I know the earth is made to clean up after itself, to regenerate itself...but, it can not do this effectively because PEOPLE are ruining the earth, not the amount of people. We dump so much into our oceans, we are depleting the ozone with cars, trains and Airplanes(which are doing the worst damage)trash dumps are overfilling as the world in general use so much resources that the earth cannot degrade more then whats being shoved into it..
    will post more later. I need to prepare dinner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The number of people in the world have an impact on all of the above.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry big-family lovers, but I just think it is gross. I can't imagine being so fascinated by my own abilty to reproduce that I feel the need to do it 17 times. Additionally, they are consuming an incredible amount of Earth's resources which is tremendously selfish.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

so are the rest of us 6.5billion.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've watched all the tv shows on this family and find them very interesting.
    I think shes a great mom and runs a smooth household,BUT I do think the other kids do more than she does.It was said on the show each of the older kids have a buddy to care for and she cares for the youngest.SO really she is only tending to one child.Yea she homeschools and i DO think shes an amazing person but again I think her kids are raising her kids kwim?

Either way..It doesnt bother me.They seem to be doing very well for themselves and Im sure they get paid for the tv shows,but if it were me,id get paid to lol

My mom was one of 10 and she said the older ones were left to tend to the others because my grandprents both worked.

I think its great and all.She does have a good system and they're raising their children in a christian home.(not that it matters caue I wouldnt consider myself christian) And in all honesty her 16 or the younger ones act and behave better than my 3 little ones lol

I cant wait for the next show

Also,I know Im jumping from one topic to another but does anyone watch jon and Kate plus 8...I like that show to
    I forgot what channel either TLC or discovery health has a special every monday or tues night that feature large families.I find it interesting and like seeing how people runa household that large.Or maybe Im just nosey and wanna be all in their business lol

Im done with 4.I had a tubal almost 4 yrs ago and just recently (Mar 26th) had a miscarraige.I was sad of course but 4 is plenty for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234