Pulling money from the sky!!!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Pulling money from the sky!!!

That is a phrase I really like, and I brought it up on another thread. What it means in our house: Money that is not normally expected. It could be a gift, a rebate, a refund, a tax return....the list is infinite. I bet lots of us have ideas that bring in a few dollars here and there and really help out. I have been working on this a lot lately because as a single mom a second job is not an option. This is te stuff I have come up with over the last month:

1.) Our provincial government is not refunding the 14% sales tax on the purchase of new appliances if they are Energy Star. Total refund $70
    2.) My daughter got sick out of province where they would not accept my drug card from work. I mailed in the reciept with a letter of explanation.
    Total refund $91
    3.) I filled out a survey for a grocery store on my favorite brands of foods. They sent me coupons for the brands that were our favorites, so things we commonly purchase. Redeemed coupons $19.25
    4.) The gas company where I live offered a rebate if you signed up for equalized billing. Total rebate $20
    5.) The electric company where I live offered a rebate of $25 if you sign up for a program that allows them to cycle down your central air during peak usage hours. Total rebate $25
    6.) The electric company also offered a rebate of $25 if you drop your electricity usage 10% for the same month last year. Total rebate $25

So in the past 5 weeks, $250.25!!!!

Share your ideas and maybe we can pool them and take over the Dow Jones!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow that's great! I might have to check into those types of rebates in my area.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for you! Where as you are trying to pull money from the sky, I'm waiting for the money tree to branch out. Did get a little bonus a week or so ago, dividend from our car insurance company. So nice to get a small check from them. Not free but a couple flexible spending monies came back too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's great! I'm going to start looking for deals like that!

A couple of years ago, I got my heating and a/c system...the entire system, ductwork and all...replaced for FREE. It's a county program, where they put a lien on your house, and you get a 10% credit on it every year, so if you stay in the house for 10 years, it's free.

I'm looking into the program now for free replacement of ceiling insulation.

There are good things everywhere, if you just look. Of course, it helps to be poor!

I need to go sign up for my free YMCA membership while I still make under $20,000 a year. A year free!

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is so awesome!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow, Jaded, that is a killer deal with the heat and AC system! You just may be the QUEEN of pulling money fro the sky!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WOW jaded my dh works in a/c and I live in florida but I didnt know about the free a/c thing. Wish I had , we replaced ours 6 months ago. Yes we got a great deal but not free!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    A couple of years ago, I got my heating and a/c system...the entire system, ductwork and all...replaced for FREE. It's a county program, where they put a lien on your house, and you get a 10% credit on it every year, so if you stay in the house for 10 years, it's free.
    This is what we are doing too, got a letter in the mail Saturday that our funding was approved so we are signing the paperwork tomorrow (Wednesday 8/8/07) then we meet with the contractors next week. For us though we dont plan on staying here 10 years but maybe 6 so we would only have to pay back 40% which isn't bad since if we sold our house we could make atleast $80,000 on it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think I need to look for some things like this. I also live in Florida and did get a low flow toilet rebate a few months ago, that was nice, but I need to look for some new ideas...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! Way to go!!!