Dad Sells son's 90-Dollar Video Game Online For More Than $9,000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Dad Sells son's 90-Dollar Video Game Online For More Than $9,000

How would you have handled the situation?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071216...ristmasoffbeat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think he did great. I don't think I would reward my son with his dream present after finding him smoking dope either.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

He's lucky that's ALL the dad did! And the kid is lucky he's not MY KID, he would NOT be getting Christmas presents. I know, I'm harsh but in the world today kids just can't do things like this, the long term consequences are just to serious.

kj

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I totally agree! DD and I were discussing this while we were waiting at the end of the drive this morning for the school bus. She said she shuttered to think what would happen if she were caught smoking pot anywhere, much less at home. She said "Wow Mom, you would travel to kick my butt if you found out I was smoking pot at 25!" They know me well, LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Works for me, go Dad! I love it when parents don't wimp out.
    The sons life won't be ruined (perhaps even saved) by not getting the game but you can bet he'll never forget that his Dad will follow through with some consequences for his(son) stupid decisions.
    Another thought, what idiot pays that kind of money for a game that will be available a few weeks later? Duh...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yeah I'd have sold the game and the kid would pretty much be handcuffed to me, day and night. If you don't believe me ask my now (grown) kids.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Good for him! I would not give my son the game if I caught him smoking pot

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm not a parent. I've never done dope. I agree with the punishment because of the child's age -- 15 is too young to be smoking dope.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The greatest thing that you can teach your kids is that there are consequences for you behaviour.

My kids and I used to talk about that, especially when they had just suffered one.

That is a life lesson that will be invaluable to this boy. This is a great dad and I hope he does get him a Barbie game for Christmas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

$90 for a game?!?! I wouldn't of bought it in the first place so I'd have to come up with another consequence if he were my son.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is my dad reincarnated!!! LOL

My dad once came home early and caught my brother and two of his friends painting a skull and cross bones on his NEW jean jacket!! (We were not well off by any means and to get a new jacket was something good.) He told my brother and his friends to go wait in the back yard for him while he changed out of his good clothes. He changed, got the lawnmower gas out of the shed and burned that jacket until there was nothing but the brass buttons left. The only thing he said to my brother was "Your a** will be cold this winter" and went about his business.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by ktsmama View Post
    This is my dad reincarnated!!! LOL

My dad once came home early and caught my brother and two of his friends painting a skull and cross bones on his NEW jean jacket!! (We were not well off by any means and to get a new jacket was something good.) He told my brother and his friends to go wait in the back yard for him while he changed out of his good clothes. He changed, got the lawnmower gas out of the shed and burned that jacket until there was nothing but the brass buttons left. The only thing he said to my brother was "Your a** will be cold this winter" and went about his business.
    Are we cousins maybe, LOL! This sounds exactly like my dad. My older brother gave my parents a fit in his early teens. Whenever he would wind up in jail (Juvie) dad would just let him sit there until they would make him come and get him. He even offered to pay them room and board to keep him a few times, LOL. He finally found a judge who sent him to a work camp here in Georgia for 6 months. Dad talked to the head of the camp and had them work the crap out of my brother, and it worked. My brother came back with a whole different attitude and say's today that it's the best thing that could have happened to him. Poor dad did everything he knew short of beating my brother to death, which my brother still wonder's sometimes why he didn't. Dad was tough, and momma wasn't a push-over either. Dad would say "We can either so this the easy way, or we can do it the hard way.....It's your choice." We knew what he meant by "Hard Way" LOL.

toile
    Tourist

That exact game is under my bed as we speak.
    My sons birthday is Thursday.

I am SO showing him this article so he can see the worth of the game and so he can see what a good father this man was to hold his son accountable.

I'm actually thrilled to see a parent today that cares and didn't just blow this off as teen experimentation.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for that dad! God help my girls if I ever caught them doing that. All my friends say well you can not say too muvh to them cuz all kids try it! UM WRONG!!!!! Hubby and I never touched any drugs and my girls will follow the same guidelines or they will not leave the house without their dear mommy glued to their side!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Consequences and follow through...you can't beat that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast