Moved-ish *lol*

Thread: Moved-ish *lol*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Moved-ish *lol*

We are almost completely moved... took longer then we thought.. all the big stuff and main items were moved on Sunday. Just little things are left to come over and we are still working on cleaning the old place.

Sunday i tried my best to try and clean the trailer while the guys were moving things. I cleaned the kitchen counter & cabinet doors and half of the fridge ( the "fixed" plastic bottom shelf and drawers are still in the tub soaking). I also washed the walls in the master bedroom... i was informed by our neighbors daughter that the girl who was staying there had 13 pair of parakeets and sold them $15 a peice, but never cleaned the cages and things. I had figured as much since i happened to look at the wall from the right angle to see the white dust of course i FLIPPED. Scrubbed the walls down with bleach water. Got to the window blind( neighbors daughter was like there is bird pooh and feathers all stuck to that.. she likes to state the ovbious *lol*).. i took it off ( She again goes Ewwww she never cleaned her window thats gross ) and tossed it out the back door which was right there beside the room ( later my mom tells me you know you can wipe the blinds off.. sorry mom that one is going in the TRASH!! No amount of washing will get the pooh out of the fibers on the pull strings.. and i can get a new one for $2 at big lots.. so its worth the money!!) But Cleaning off the kitchen counters, wiping down the cabinet doors, and wiping down the master bedroom walls, and making Lunch (Potatoe Salad, Coleslaw, and Baked Chicken Legs) was all i got done ALL SUNDAY!! Joe and our neighbor moved all our furnature, food, freezer, and all the main little items we needed. Our Neighbors daughter swept the floor in the kitchen and mopped it and swept in the hall for me the rest of the time she talked *lol*. Fran didn't come YAY. Oh

The main moving and Lunch Ect was done by 4pm. I went and Crashed into the bed, although i didn't get much sleep cause i couldn't breath well. At 8pm i finally got up cause i just couldn't stand it anymore. Joe fussed at me about calling off work which i kept saying it was to late to do so cause i feel bad if i do not give atleast 4 hrs notice. He was like i do not care your going to the ER you have a temp your breathing is bad your going and thats final. So i called the manager and was telling her i wasn't going to be there, Joe told me to give him the phone. *LOL* HE tells my manager that he is sorry but he put his foot down cause he was going to make sure i went to the hospital tonight cause i was running a temp and having a hard time breathing when laying down and lack of sleep from that and with being pregnant i needed to be looked at. She agreed and told us to give her an update when we got some information. Ended up i had broncitis and a sinus infection. Took us 6 hours to get seen by a dr and then it was maybe 20 and we were on our way home with a Zpack and instructions to start taking Musinex and Tylenol.

When i got home i called my Manager and told her what was up and asked what my schedual was. She goes well i had you on monday but hold on. She re worked my schedual so i had 2 days off and end up working 44 hours this week to make up for the week before being short. She is a sweetie!!

Anywho.... ended up the freezer wouldn't fit in the front rooms door.. freezer is 31 inches wide the door 24 DOLP So now it is in the kitchen along with my kitchen table. Amazingly i still have space!! Well except for cabinet space seems they are not as tall or deep as the ones we had before. However once we get things going i will be putting 2 wide shelves above the freezer to store things on like the Cereal instead of it being on the fridge. Under the counters there is TONS of space to store pots and large bowls and all the kitchen gadgets. I would put some of my canned goods down there instead of up top, but then i would end up crawling around on the floor with 3 flat of veggies from aldies deep in the cabinet. So all except for a row of each kind of veggie are in the baby's room closet for now *lol* along with extras of spices and other odds and ends. By the time she is a Toddler and needs a big girl bed we should have a building to put our home business stuff in as well as the freezer. So i could have a large storage cabinet in the kitchen to store stuff in.

Today i finally got to washing off the washer and dryer.. * blinks* for looking as cruddy as they did these things are ALMOST NEW!! The crud was from a cat tracking mud all over them not age they look like they are a year or 2 old GE's. Probubly the reason they didn't end up in the landlords house was because there was gum issues in the Dryer which made it look horribly dirty. I wiped down in the dryer realized what it was ( i was debating between gum or crayon, but its definately gum... several different kinds too *lol* ) and then scrapped all the gum out and wiped it down again. Now it LOOKS Brand new.. except i need to still vaccume the vent trap out. Ran the washing machine *lol* turns out the hot and cold water behind the washing machine is backwards so we will have to fix that, but it ran a hot wash and hot rinse which was Great. I used bleach and dish detergent to strip the washing machine, which actually it wasn't as dirty inside and i had thought it would be. So Tommorrow i will be doing a load of old towels to test run everything and to finish cleaning out the dryer. So far $200 was a steal for these!! Since we had priced almost identical washer and dryer at Arron's for $74 a month for a year or a little more then $600 or own outright ( no way do i want another arron's lease to own i have 1/2 month on our tractor and 3 months left for our living room furnature and after that its all paid off )which would have been our Emergency Back-up Plan incase these did not work.

Needless to say we are still working on getting things finalized and back to livable. Living room, kitchen, and bedroom are mainly finished *lol* Tommorrow we are going back to our old place and clean the bathroom and bedroom and we are finished there and it can be rented to a new tenant as is. And we will probubly have a load of odd and end stuff to come down to our new place. And atleast a load if not 2 of trash to go to the dump. I am pitching anything we do not need or haven't used. Things that are still in decient condition and could be sold i have in bags marked YARD SALE, there isn't much there . Joe is giving me til January 18th to have a yard sale planned and if its not planned and happening then its all going in the trash so we aren't tempted to keep it.Gawd I LOVE HIM *giggles* He is the same as me we want to get things organized and uncluttered for baby!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sounds like a lot of hard work! I hope you feel better soon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Zowie, I got tired just reading that. You take good care, ya here? Have helpers?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It sounds exciting, I love reading about how people move and clean/organize their new spaces. I have lived in apartments for the last 6 years and I enjoy moving now and again. I kind of like to reorganize and decorate a new place. I hope you can take it easy that you are in and get some rest so you feel better soon. What a bargain on the washer and dryer, how nice to have them right their for your own use.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At first i thought it was a crappy bargin .. they are $200 and we are going to be paying $50 a month ... cause when i looked at them they were sitting outside in a carport... clothes in the dryer where our landlords grandson had been working on a car ( or trying to mutilate the poor thing i don't know *lol* ).. i think they were washed in the house and then dryed in there or just stored in there after because the dryer its self doesn't smell like oil or gas. But thats why i was thinking i was getting a bad deal .. i do not think so now *lol*

Edited BTW .. if i was moving farther like state to state things would be a lot different( if i would move it would be to my home town or WV somewhere in the boonies ).. i would probubly wait til my grandparents were coming up from Florida and then use their truck and my car and i bet my mom would come down to help with a car.

So things that would be brought would be limited. Freezer, bed and box springs, couch, end tables, maybe kitchen table would all be sold off. Most of the food would be eatten that could be or sold.
    Last edited by qtkitty; 01-10-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow lots of work to do but I am sure it will get done, enjoy the new home