Let's Have Some Updates!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Let's Have Some Updates!

I know I have been behind on my posting at FV for a while now. So I thought I'd have an "Update" thread for everyone to post what's been going on in their lives lately -- partly so I can catch up with everyone!

For me, and I had a lovely Christmas and New Years. "Santa" was really great, brought me lots of goodies (no diamond this year but oh well, maybe next year!) and we had a good holiday with my mother and brother. My mom got engaged (at the age of 53!) and is getting married in September.

Classes just restarted here on Monday. I did NOTHING over the three-week break (school-wise, anyway) and am suffering from BTSSS (Back to School Shock Syndrome).

I made some New Years resolutions, including:

~ go Vegan
    ~ read the entire Bible (Old and New Testaments)
    ~ FLY with FlyLady again

So far I'm doing pretty good and enjoying all three things!

So that's pretty much all my news. Anyone else?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

good for you!!!

g'luck with your resolutions... keep us posted.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am glad you had a great Christmas and New Years. I did too and I have decided to get on track with more ways to be frugal and more "green." I am focusing on exercise and my overall health. I've been organizing, and decluttering this month too. Lots of fresh starts in the new year and trying to keep a positive outlook on my life .

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hey LN, love the new avatar!!

Are you going completely vegan (as in no dairy) or just no meat?

(just curious)

me: not a darn thing new or interesting ::shrugs::

but I did stop smoking in Nov. and I stopped drinking soft drinks in Sept. I feel soooooo healthy! :::deep breath:::

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I forgot to add that my father just got engaged at Christmas this year,for the second time and he's 53. He'll probably be married for a second time, before I am married even once. LOL!I wish I was happier for him, but he has to make his own choices and I'll be his daughter no matter what.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bumplett View Post
    hey LN, love the new avatar!!

Are you going completely vegan (as in no dairy) or just no meat?

(just curious)

me: not a darn thing new or interesting ::shrugs::

but I did stop smoking in Nov. and I stopped drinking soft drinks in Sept. I feel soooooo healthy! :::deep breath:::
    Nope, gonna go for broke -- no chicken, fish, pork, beef, wild game, dairy or eggs! Not even honey! Right now I'm sticking with the no meat and not worrying about the eggs and dairy that are in my food that I still have in the pantry (i.e. not worrying about marshmallows, mayonnaise, cookies made with eggs and milk, cream soups, etc.) until they're all gone. As they go, I'll replace them with vegan alternatives (vegan marshmallows, Nayonnaise, cookies made with soy flour and almond milk, soups made with vegetable broth). It'd just be too expensive to get rid of everything that has animal by-products in it and start fresh. Same with my cosmetics -- as I go through the ones that contain animal by-products or that test on animals, I'll replace them with ones that don't.

Oh, and I'm getting rid of anything with parabens in it too.

Ooooh! I forgot to add that and I are making plans to cut our debts down to nothing by the end of the year. We've already paid off his credit card and mine will be gone by the end of the month too! I'll keep the updates in my signature!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Arbonne cosmetics are vegan friendly.

I'm sticking with the organic milk (we call it happy cow milk) and organic free range eggs (happy chicken eggs) - I honestly don't cook well enough to go all vegan - and I get alot of "I wanna be a _____" foods (meat subs) like "I wanna be a hot dog" or "I wanna be bacon"

LOVE Tofurkey!! Don't know if you've tried it or not, but it's yummy! Great sausage! (yep, it's called tofurkey)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am working on my stock pile and just doing some general frugal'ness. We got a freezer New Year's Eve. I tried to get on at the PX, but they were out, I put a wanted on the local yard sale page, no luck, but we found a small one (brand new - gasp) with a warranty! We paid off both vehicles last week and I traded my Prius in on a mini-van. Another huge GASP there. I was never going to part with my Prius! Much less drive a mini-van - nooooo! My DS was shocked and I think I lost all my cool points - but I really needed some space for DD and her stuff. DH was also wondering if someone kidnapped his wife!
    But anyway, just enjoying life and working on a new little one - fingers crossed everyone! Thanks for starting this thread!
    Dianne

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh and I are doing just one thing this year and that is too pay off our house at the end of this year we will not owe anyone.I cant wait

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dh and I are trying to something situated with our eventual move to the west coast (its been a slow process) and we've got little ones on the brain right now. Other than that, I've been trying to add to the stockpile and I'm auditioning for the Dallas Women's Choral Group.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I only popped in a couple of times over the holiday weeks myself but am back to my more frequent visits and am trying to catch up myself.

I had a good Christmas and New Year's. Last year's was really rough as my father was in a rehab hospital recovering from a stoke that happened just before Christmas. My brother's came in with dad being sick and between the hospital and all the in and out extra people it was rough. This year was better and much more PEACEfull. Generally when DH and I both take time off from work it means relatives are coming in or we're going to see relatives. This was the first time in a VERY long time that we just got to enjoy being home.

After three years the extension is done other than a couple of small more decorative things like bathroom curtains. I can't wait to have my sister show me how to put pictures on here so I can show you all. I keep telling myself how yes, it took three years but you did it yourselves and it's all PAID FOR. Now we'll be moving on to the laundry room, hallway, and living room as those should go much faster and cost very little, before we tackle the kitchen and original bathroom which is by far the worst.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I set myself lots of goals for 2008 plus I made up for the whole month of waht were having for meals out of neccesity and lack or work for hubby(too many storms).
    trying to finish my read 150 books by July. i started that time last year.
    Trying this year to make as many hm gifts as possible. On2nd scarf now, then maybe try to make hats., buy mini gloves to match.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Nothing much new to report here. Feel as if I'm still adjusting to life without my mom (she died in Feb. of last year), trying to help dad adjust as well...see to his bills and meals (when he'll let me). We've been doing a fair amount of travelling, had the family all home for Christmas and still working on getting to my weightloss goal.

Glad you're back

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~I haven't been here too much myself lately.I've been making alot of changes in my life and enviroment and I'm really excited about them.
    ~I'm almost done losing the 15lbs on a diet I started at Thanksgiving(that was hard!). Everything fits again!
    ~I'm starting my 12 week Dance Aerobics class tonight. My sis and I have plans to go out dancing once a month for kicks.
    ~I'm also reading through my Bible this year, KJV. Last time I read it through in one year was 1997, NIV. I'm in Numbers right now. I've been hearing and reading the Bible my entire life and I still manage to find 'new' things to think about.
    ~Decided to get my act together as a writer amd start submiting articles to magazines. I'll just submit one this month but have plans to up it through the year.
    ~Finally decided to do something about my dreadful, non-decorated house. We bought a NEW sectional sofa that will be delivered in 2 weeks. The Salvation Army
    couches, the old school desk end tables, and the hand-me-down trunk/tv stand are getting out! The hideous rose pink carpet is going out! The bland white walls are going out! Last year I purged QUITE a bit from our bedrooms and I love how simple and clean they are now. I want the rest of the house to have that serene feel. This is my first 'real' decorating project and I'm pretty excited about it.
    ~This year I'm determined to get it together with my families b-days. I'm getting presents 3 months in advance so I can't forget. I have one more present to make for March. So far, so good.

~Loved reading everyone's updates! I hope more people post here and let us know what they're up to!~

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our year started out with a huge let down. We'd been out of major work since October and were looking forward to a new job starting. Well the general contractor gave it away to another painter so we're still sitting at home.
    Has lead to some good things like:
    Ceiling, Walls and trim being repainted in livingroom and kitchen.
    Garage has been cleaned out and organized.
    Deep freezer and pantry have been cleaned organized and are being emtpied out. Reading up in my cookbooks for new recipes.
    Weeded throught my cookbook collection and sold off some.
    Weeding throught house and planning big yard sale for Feb.
    Realizing now how important my EF is as we've lived on it since October.
    Took down, cleaned and rearranged my 100 plus cookie jar collection.

Love the feeling of a clean and tidy house.

LAurie in Bradenton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast