Scrooge Owns HEB Grocery Stores! RANT RANT RANT
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Scrooge Owns HEB Grocery Stores! RANT RANT RANT

A little background- HEB is a monopolized grocery store chain here in South Texas.
    For a few years now, they have had a promotional program where you could get points from certain storebrand food items.They would give your children "Buddy buck points" (look like $ bills) that the kids could use to play a crane game & snag extra points. They even have birthday clubs for the kids & pets.
    You could save up a bunch of points & get free food items or recieve different prizes.
    Well, we had been participating for quite awhile & would come home sometimes w/ $50 worth of cereal, spaghettiO's- whatever they were offering that we could use. The birthday club would send your kid extra points & also they could get free ice cream & cake mixes for their birthdays-It was wonderful....until now.
    I am convinced that Ebeneezer Scrooge has taken ownership of HEB. They no longer give out free stuff for birthdays,they no longer offer food items- just junky prizes that are not worth the time saving points for.
    Just one more way to screw the consumer GGGGRRRR.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maybe they gave a raise to their employees?Are trying to keep company benefits?Are fighting stiff competition?I don't see it as trying to screw the consumer, just that things are tight and tough all over.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Is it possible that maybe the store is feeling the pinch of a failing economy? Thats the first thing that came to mind after reading your post..

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to let DS#3 participate in the Buddy Program too. I also noticed that they started offering things we no longer need. I loved when we could buy their brand of cookies for 99 cents, get 10 buddy points, and then turn around and use them to get free food items for the boys.

I think Brenda may be right and the price of groceries rising has had an impact on the program.

On a good note, at least they still offer their meal deals.
    ~*Michelle*~

~Wife to Rick~
    ~Mother to 3~
    ~Special Education and ESL Teacher~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by brenda67 View Post
    Is it possible that maybe the store is feeling the pinch of a failing economy? Thats the first thing that came to mind after reading your post..
    you're probably right- its just that it seems like everything is drying up along with the economy-its just really frustrating...besides- when I posted this thread, I was in the middle of a temper tantrum.lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by many houseapes View Post
    you're probably right- its just that it seems like everything is drying up along with the economy-its just really frustrating...besides- when I posted this thread, I was in the middle of a temper tantrum.lol.

I agree it does really suck with the rising cost of everything..

How does a nice hot bath sound with just the glow of a candle burning and soft music playing in the background?? sounds good till one of the houseapes comes knocking on the door saying they need to use the bathroom.. or what are you doing in there mom? LOL..I'm hope this cheers you up! ((HUGS))

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by brenda67 View Post
    I agree it does really suck with the rising cost of everything..

How does a nice hot bath sound with just the glow of a candle burning and soft music playing in the background?? sounds good till one of the houseapes comes knocking on the door saying they need to use the bathroom.. or what are you doing in there mom? LOL..I'm hope this cheers you up! ((HUGS))
    lol...that does sound great(luckily we have 2 bathrooms)...but our water bill mysteriously was $112 this month-don't know if I could afford the luxury.haha.
    I did burn some candles today though...made everything smell like vanilla & pumpkin.