Raising funds for a walk-a-thon?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Raising funds for a walk-a-thon?

~I just heard about the 3 day walk for the Susan Komen Foundation and I'd love to be a part of it. BUT, you have to commit to raise $2200 to participate. I'm a SAHM who has very few(and poor) friends so I think I'm handicapped for raising any money. Here's a link to the site. http://08.the3day.org/site/PageServer Has anyone been a fundraiser? What did you do? How hard was it? Any tips at all would be appreciated!~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am actually signed up to walk in the Oct Philly 3 day walk. My biggest peace of advice.... join a team! I am part of a 14 person team. We have a few fundraisers coming up. One is a golf tournament, that is our big one. Another one is I got a demonstrator willing to hold a demonstration and donate 90% of the proceeds to our team (which the our captain then splits up amongst the members). We have raffles at our golf fundraiser and I've gotten local restaurants to donate gift cards (just by asking) for the raffles along with my company donating china. Another big tip... attend a Getting Started meeting. YOu can sign up there if you want. I just help out at one and it has GREAT info. If you want to talk more about it, my email is [email protected].

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Check your PM. I realized you are in South Jersey as am I. I may really be able to help you out if you are in my general area. Our team is always looking for new members! I work full time and am a single mother and all my friends are broke as all H&LL but I'll still be able to raise the money through the team.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I guess there is a part of me going Huh? Seems like an awful lot of money for each person to raise. I know they have to cover their costs and want to make as much money as they can for the cause but I just feel badly that some who want to participate can't because of this. That fee for regestering is something too. I know it's for a good cause & all but, Wow.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    I guess there is a part of me going Huh? Seems like an awful lot of money for each person to raise. I know they have to cover their costs and want to make as much money as they can for the cause but I just feel badly that some who want to participate can't because of this. That fee for regestering is something too. I know it's for a good cause & all but, Wow.
    ~Well I'm happy to pay the registration fee because I feel that goes towards my 'keep' during the event. I mean, they do provide all your meals and snacks and a place for you to sleep(even if it is just a tent!). I'm used to volunteering my time(which I can also do there) but there's just something about the walking, the journey that's calling to me.~