So frustrated.....
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Unhappy So frustrated.....

I did so well in January! I paid off 2 bills and felt like I was finally on my way! Then February came. My DS11 needed braces which we have been saving for. However, before he could have his braces put on, they found a cavity that needed to be filled first. So, there went $178.00 that I wasn't planning on. Plus he needed a water pick for his braces at another $50. Did I mention that his braces are costing us $6000? We had to put a chunk down first and start making monthly payments in March. And to top it all off, I had to take both kids shopping this past weekend for clothes and shoes because they have both had growth spurts. I was able to get really good deals at our local outlet mall and only bought the needed items, but still I had to spend money that I wasn't expecting. It is so frustrating. Sometimes I feel like I take one step forward and slide back six.
    Sorry about my rant. I just need to vent every once in awhile. The dream of being debt free seems so far away that sometimes I let it get me down. Thanks for all of your support! I couldn't do this without you guys!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sorry this happened to you all at once but believe me things WILL get better, just keep you head up and keep trying

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hang in there, I have been fighting murphy for along time now.. just keep moving forward...

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You did pay 2 bills and bought your kids some needed things. You're getting there

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think we have times like this to test our our strengts and weakness....so stay strong Hugs

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know it's frustrating...but you got the things your kids needed and that's more important than the debt. And hey, you paid off TWO last month!! That rocks!! You're doing a great job...remember, slow and steady wins the race.
    Kace - Always pinchin' pennies!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2BeFrugal View Post
    I know it's frustrating...but you got the things your kids needed and that's more important than the debt. And hey, you paid off TWO last month!! That rocks!! You're doing a great job...remember, slow and steady wins the race.
    I couldn't have said it better

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'd say paying two bills off lst month was a great start. And getting the items your children needed at a good deal is good, also. You are doing wonderful. Just keep up the good work. We all get things thrown at us, and seems like when it rains it pours. But you just gotta keep on keeping on. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hang in there - you did so well paying those first two off! There are bound to be slower months.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think you are doing a great job. I work in dentistry and affordable dental care for my family is probably my biggest perk. I actually got braces about 6 months ago. Just make sure your kiddo is brusshing regularly since teeth are more likely to get cavities with the braces on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm sorry. I know it stinks. It happened to me too. I was finally paying way over and beyond my monthly minimum on my credit cards and getting a few other items paid off and then... my car broke down Friday so far it cost me $87 but that was at the 1st mechanic who said it's either the distributor or the fuel pump. I had to tow it to my dealership since they put in a new distributor less then 2 months ago. Let's hope it's that and NOT the $650 fuel pump.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by emily_hope View Post
    I'd say paying two bills off lst month was a great start. And getting the items your children needed at a good deal is good, also. You are doing wonderful. Just keep up the good work. We all get things thrown at us, and seems like when it rains it pours. But you just gotta keep on keeping on. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Amen. keep your chin up, nothing can punch that high. hugs