Wake Up Christians, This Is Scary
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Wake Up Christians, This Is Scary

Please watch this -

[nomedia="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JW4LLwkgmqA"]301 Moved Permanently[/nomedia]
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, that is so scary! Thanks for the link, the truth needs to get out there!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you so much for posting this. I have forwarded the link to about 40 people.

I do not watch Oprah as much as I used to, but I have always liked her "take" on things until now! The few times I have tuned in over the last few months, she has talked non-stop about this book called "A New Earth." She seems obsessed with it, and the author. I had joked with my dh that I thought she was going to start her own religion with this book, and it looks like I was right. Very scarey stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I know I'm going to get flamed for this and while I don't agree with everything she says
    she encourages people to love themselves and others
    and I don't see anything wrong with that
    while I believe that God is infalable,
    man is not
    God created us
    we created religion

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't understand what you find so scary and so threatening?

I don't watch Oprah and I haven't read this book but what they are talking about is what I believe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I absolutely do not mean to be disrespectful when I respond to this post. Religion is extremely personal, but I felt very strongly about what I read and then researched after seeing the video clip.

I find it interesting that this is something that you call "scary." Oprah is not denying the existence of God. She isn't turning people away from God. She is simply saying that perhaps there is more than one way to experience God's love.

Are we (read Christians) so arrogant to believe that God really expects everyone to come to Him through the same way? Does God turn away the Jew, the Muslim, the Buddhist, the Taoist, etc because they come to Him through different paths and because they have different names for Him?

That would not be a God that I would be interested in knowing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post
    I absolutely do not mean to be disrespectful when I respond to this post. Religion is extremely personal, but I felt very strongly about what I read and then researched after seeing the video clip.

I find it interesting that this is something that you call "scary." Oprah is not denying the existence of God. She isn't turning people away from God. She is simply saying that perhaps there is more than one way to experience God's love.

Are we (read Christians) so arrogant to believe that God really expects everyone to come to him through the same way? Does God turn away the Jew, the Muslim, the Buddhist, the Taoist, etc because they come to him through different paths and because they have different names for him?

very true, i totally agree

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Amyboz, how wonderfully put!!! I completely agree!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did not watch the video. I could care less about Oprah or what she promotes. Amyboz pretty much summed up my thoughts about *religion*

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is extremely scary.
    Andrea

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by singersullivan View Post
    That is extremely scary.
    Andrea
    But why? You all seam to think its scary but you don't have anything else to say.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I watched the video I didn't feel like she was trying to deny God's existence. I felt like she was trying to teach tolerance of other beliefs.

How is it possible to know what religion is the definitive religion? I have only been exposed to different demoninations of christianity. I don't have the knowledge of other religions so who am I to say that another religion is "wrong"?.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AmyBoz View Post

Are we (read Christians) so arrogant to believe that God really expects everyone to come to Him through the same way? Does God turn away the Jew, the Muslim, the Buddhist, the Taoist, etc because they come to Him through different paths and because they have different names for Him?

I agree. Most of one side of the family does not. so, of course I got this Oprah video fwd to me today in my email. I won't even go down that road with them. They are fabulous people, but would not GET anything outside of a bible-fundamentalist-black and white view. I have ALWAYS had issues with this... how can you preach that absolutely no one has the path to salvation but those that follow xyz. So, you are telling me that the kids in a village in Africa are doomed, just because of birth circumstance. Even as a child, this thinking didn't sit with me. And I also know some fundamentalist Christians who think Catholics are doomed because they aren't born again as adults.That ticks me off, although I left the Catholic church myself. So, I have issues all the way around with this... Sorry to rant about religion but the link in my email box just stirred me up.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've always believed that there is no one way to reach God. I've always questioned all the religions and have come up with my own conclusion:
    Although we all pray and believe in different ways, we are all praying to one God who has many faces.

I dont think what she's saying is so wrong or scary. In truth, I'm glad someone is standing up and saying that there is no one way to believe and that its a much more personal thing than just going to church.

I sometimes find Christians too closed minded when it comes to their beliefs. Arent we supposed to be the ones who welcome all with open arms? Saying that you are right and she is wrong is very closed minded, and in my opinion, goes against what is taught in the Bible.

But, to each their own.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

As with others I think AmyBoz's response is similar to what mine would be and is well said.

I am wondering though if the "scary" comes from the vast amount of power that Oprah may weild over the such a huge number of people. Why does she need a church of her own??? I didn't research this so I'm not sure the "church" is even an actuality. Anyone with a huge following can turn the tides in many areas not just religious. Is this the vein from which "scary" stems or is it just the religion piece???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast