Ladies! Is DH NOT on board? This is for you!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Ladies! Is DH NOT on board? This is for you!

If your husband is not on board with frugal living and getting out of debt, and you can swing $30.00 without breaking the bank, then let me encourage you to beg, plead, cajole, demand, cry, withhold favors and generally become the worst nightmare of his life UNTIL he watches the Dave Ramsey Live Event, Online.

Dave Ramsey is a man's man. He tells it like it is, but he does so in a loving, funny, and insightful way. At age 26, Dave was a millionaire in real estate, until he lost it all because a bank changed management. Today, he's a millionaire all over again, debt free.

His message is simple, and yet profound. I believe he will open your husbands eyes to the need to get your money under control. If your husband can watch all five hours of this presentation and NOT change his attitude about money, there will be something wrong with him, and I'm talking like space alien wrong.

Be warned, Dave Ramsey does not take credit cards - so be prepared to pay with a debit card, but don't pay for it UNTIL hubby agrees, because there's a time limit on how long you have to watch the videos after you pay. (14 days).

Good luck!
    G
    http://www.daveramsey.com/shop/produ...Product_ID=295

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Greebo, I'm so glad you got to see that! I went to his live event in April. It was awesome, so I know just what you mean! My dh is skeptical of Dave and always asks me, what do you see in that guy? So frustrating!! He listens to me, but I still think he doesn't get it! I don't think I could get him to sit down for 5 hours and listen to him. I didn't take him to the event because I knew he wouldn't enjoy it like I did. I went with a girlfriend and we had a blast. I do totally recommend anyone who can get their spouse on board, go for it! Well worth the $30 and the time. I learned a lot and laughed until my sides hurt. He makes it all so much fun, understandable and inspiring!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Dave is the tool that actually got my dh on board a few years ago. We 'accidentally' ( ) listened to him on a road trip. He's been listening to him over the web every since It works, it really works....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I agree that DR is the way to go.

I've joined FV last year and frequently mentioned items of interest to DH so he at least knew what FV was. A few months ago I put Dave Ramsey on the TiVo to watch when I had time with secret hopes that DH would catch some of his show. Low and behold I not only have him onboard but he is talking closer to gazelle intensity than I ever imagined. We now watch Dave daily, are reading his books, are listen to him on the radio when the winds blow the frequency our way, and have a written budget with very specific goals.

DH married me and my frugal ways 5 yrs ago so I figure it has taken me 5 yrs to get DH "onboard."

Who would have thunk it?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
    If your husband is not on board with frugal living and getting out of debt, and you can swing $30.00 without breaking the bank, then let me encourage you to beg, plead, cajole, demand, cry, withhold favors and generally become the worst nightmare of his life UNTIL he watches the Dave Ramsey Live Event, Online.
    Greebo, I'm shocked.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfriend View Post
    I went to his live event in April. It was awesome, so I know just what you mean! My dh is skeptical of Dave and always asks me, what do you see in that guy?
    LOL, I was thinking you should tell your husband that "Dave is incredibly sexy. I mean, who wouldn't fall for a guy who is intellegent, articulate, funny, and has his act together along with a written plan!!! Why don't we go to one of his live events together and so you can see what its like?" - Nah, don't say that. It might get you in trouble.

Sorry to hear that he isn't interested in joining you for his live event though. He probably would have not only enjoyed it (against his will) but would have finally gotten it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon View Post
    Greebo, I'm shocked.
    Ok, based on how you emphasized "husband", I'm guessing your being shocked is because I'm specifically targeting men here. Acting upon the assumption that I'm right (because, being perfect, I always am), I'll explain.

I made this post specifically for the ladies advising them to do whatever it takes to get hubby to watch this video, because I have seen so many posts where women here on FV are talking about budgeting, saving, struggling to make ends meet, but not having hubby on board.

I don't need to address this post to the men of FV, because A) we already get that we need to not be stupid with our money, and 2) if *WE* tried on our wives the techniques they can get away with on us, I'd be directly causing the future deaths of the members of a minority to which I belong.

*Note for the too literal: I don't actually think I'm perfect. It just sounds good.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My suspicion has been confirmed, we are the same page.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Ceashels View Post
    LOL, I was thinking you should tell your husband that "Dave is incredibly sexy. I mean, who wouldn't fall for a guy who is intellegent, articulate, funny, and has his act together along with a written plan!!! Why don't we go to one of his live events together and so you can see what its like?" - Nah, don't say that. It might get you in trouble.
    ROFL!!! TOO FUNNY!! I so agree!!!!

[/QUOTE] Sorry to hear that he isn't interested in joining you for his live event though. He probably would have not only enjoyed it (against his will) but would have finally gotten it.[/QUOTE]

Well, one could only hope. He probably would have enjoyed it and finally gotten it, I'm sure not giving up!

I talked to my Mom today and I'm working on getting her on board. She's watching the stock market daily and quaking in her boots. I keep telling her NOT to watch it daily and giving her lots of Dave's info. and advice to help ease her mind a bit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

frugalfriend - what if you try just asking him to watch the first segment? The first hour or so (the video is split up into 5 parts).

We watched it over time, and the first segment ends pretty abruptly (he transitions to a new topic, so the tape ends). It left us wondering, what were you about to say?? And we ended up starting segment 2 immediately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

frugalfriend - what if you try just asking him to watch the first segment? The first hour or so (the video is split up into 5 parts).

We watched it over time, and the first segment ends pretty abruptly (he transitions to a new topic, so the tape ends). It left us wondering, what were you about to say?? And we ended up starting segment 2 immediately.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Who is Dave Ramsey? I havent heard of him downunder, does he have his own website with free articles and things so I can check him thanks

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by macemesmum View Post
    Who is Dave Ramsey? I havent heard of him downunder, does he have his own website with free articles and things so I can check him thanks
    www.daveramsey.com

FV also has a Dave Ramsey subforum:

[ame="https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189"]Dave Ramsey - Frugal Village Forums[/ame]

HTH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ahhh, if it was but that simple. I have to say that though I am one of the ladies that talks about DH not being on board it is in regards to certain certain things. After 15 years of me and to some degree necessity for the first decade he has crossed over. His upbringing was much different though and so there are some things he still choses to do the "old way". Davew has been a big help, especially since he thinks he found him himself

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Greebo View Post

Good idea! Thanks!